free hit
counters
Bahar Suspended - Page 26 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus have a plan, only the current platform for the next two years though.....

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Two more years of...  :tumbleweed: and the DRB promotion machine...  :coffee:

Followed by... :help:  ???

Say what you will about DB but at least he had a vision for Lotus. 

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Two more years of...  :tumbleweed: and the DRB promotion machine...  :coffee:

lol...

Did you know that the DRB homepage mentions Lotus?

http://www.drb-hicom.com

You have to look hard. Ignore the terrible web design. Ignore the only pictures of a car on the site (They are an Audi, Suzuki, Honda etc., but no Lotus)

Click on 'autofest 2013 highlights'. (This was an event 3 months ago). Laugh your socks off at the typed-in-a-rush-before-going-to-the-bar press release.

So if you want a demonstration about why DRB haven't been keen to sort out a new direction for Lotus, you just have to put things in context. Lotus is about as important to them as a bikini wax.

I think the only way they could do a worse job out of promoting lotus or giving an idea of the future would be to put a load of big adverts in the press and on billboards imploring people not to bother trying to work out where the dealerships are because there's no point. The copy could say:

"We don't care if you buy our cars, so why should you?"

Or.

"We ended up with a car company in Norfolk. What's it for?"

Or.

"To see how important Lotus is to us, check out the manufacturing page of our website:

http://www.drb-hicom.com/cms/SolutionPages/Business%20Content.aspx?ContentID=5c3eedef-9572-4c6a-a788-b0b29a9934fd"

Or.

"If there's one thing that gets our pulse racing, it's Suzuki Parts Distribution in the Pacific Rim! Buy a porsche."

Edited by cnapan

:lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

I just searched for 'Lotus' on the DRB website... nada!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

I saw the Lotus roundel on one page and some pics of scooters.

I gave up after that cos it's taking too long to load a page. Can't be bothered really.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Bibs... do you reckon that was done on the free version of WordPress?  :smoke:

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Strictly speaking Lotus is still a subsiduary of Proton, which is now a subsiduary of DRB. Interestingly the Proton website does present the new Lotus showroom in Malaysia very prominantly.

But, when you click for the corporate website you only get a 404-message (website not found).

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

So if you want a demonstration about why DRB haven't been keen to sort out a new direction for Lotus, you just have to put things in context. Lotus is about as important to them as a bikini wax.

If I had pumped over £100 million (whatever the figure is) into a company I would like to think it would be important!  Unless they do have more money than sense..

With Lotus F1 doing so well and, despite everything, the brand still having a certain sheen to it, I am staggered that Lotus seems so invisible on their website, depsite the fact its technically under Protons wing.

And you guys are right...its painfully slow.

Are Lotus doing well though? There's a few Exige S orders finally being delivered after almost a year ago and sheen is 99% DB's doing courtesy of F1. I have to admit I've lost pretty much all faith in the marque, which isn't good...  :scared:

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

I recent came back from Malaysia and while I was over there spoke to some locals about the company. Everyone seems to have heard of them, they makes cars, trucks, plant, it's vast. Lotus is minuscule incomparison and is off the radar.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/anything-goes/cropley-cars-ex-lotus-boss-dany-bahars-new-project-genius

TUESDAY - Good fun meeting in London with ex-Lotus boss Dany Bahar, whom I always liked. He’s 18 months into a new project, Ares Design, which takes rich people’s cars and rebuilds them as the clients want.

The cleverness of the proposition is that the client, although assisted by professionals, is the author of the design. Thus Ares isn’t a producer of products, so it needs no brand development, just a good reputation.

Work is of high value but doesn’t disturb a car’s structure, so the project need concern neither original manufacturer nor legislative authorities. Genius.

Bahar will soon have a presence in the UK again; Ares is doing so well it needs a Piccadilly showroom, he says.

Oh dear!

First time anyone's called Bahar a genius too :hrhr:

Evora NA

Bahar will soon have a presence in the UK again; Ares is doing so well it needs a Piccadilly showroom, he says

I hope it's far enough away from the Lotus showroom on Regents St.  I'm sure Lotus doesn't want to be associated with that vain pillock again.

The Infinit Showroom next to the Audi centre in Mayfair is empty and probably far enough away from Regents Street. Having said that Sydney Australia is probably far enough!

Join Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland here!  and on Facebook 

Unless other wise organised somewhere else and details posted on the forum the default location for the LEGS Breakfast meets are on the 1st Sunday of the month at Mannerstons Cafe and Farm Shop EH49 7LY between 10:00am and midday.

Oh dear. Sounds like a rich boy playing with other rich boys cars.

A different world where style (or bullshit, or waffle or words or whatever) wins over substance.

Good luck to him, everyone deserves the right to make a living just as long as whilst doing it they don't destroy other peoples livelihoods in the process who's need for a job and regular salary is much greater.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Evora NA

I hear Dany's client's clothes are made of the finest silk . So lightweight you can't even see the threads!!!   :gathering:

emperors-new-clothes.jpg

• Like 2

"We don't change anything structural" but they are building a full-sized Bentley convertible.  How's that work?

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Danny is ace. A visionary. One day all cars will be made this way.

I love Dany.

Dany is my hero.

Awesome,

Sudders

Sudders and Dany