free hit
counters
North Midlands Esprit Group - Topics - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

North Midlands Esprit Group

Backmarker

The North Midland Esprit Group (NMEG) will be going to Wales on Sunday 27th August (buckets and spades not necessary :) ).All Esprit owners, no matter where you may be based are welcome to join us. Please do come along and swell the ranks.

We will be teaming up with Club Lotus (so expect a few varieties of other Loti too) who are having there weekend away in Llangollen. We're only there for the day.

On the Sunday we will be driving with them from Llangollen to Chester where we'll find a hostelry of disrepute for watering/feeding purposes. B)

If we arrive in Llangollen early enough, Club Lotus believe that we may be provided with bacon butties..........does anyone need a better reason to be there early? :)

We will be leaving our usual meeting venue, the Gingerbread Man in Market Drayton at 8.45am to ensure we get to Llangollen by 9.30am

After we've scoffed lunch in Chester, people will be free to make there way home or perhaps organise another hoon. Remember though, this is a Bank Holiday weekend and North Wales police do have a "zero tolerance" attitude to people enjoying themselves. :(

To enable orders for bacon butties to be passed on to Club Lotus, could all those intending to attend please sign in.

The option of attending Bond style (Black tie for the Gentlemen, something off the shoulder for the Ladies or whatever for the Trannies) is there should we wish to take it up. B)

The more the merrier.............lets show Club Lotus just how popular the Esprit is.

Graham.

Wing Commander Dibble DFC<br /><br />
North Midlands Esprit Group<br /><br />
NMEG "the formidable squadron"<br /><br />
"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be there, subject to house move date etc

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

http://www.tripadvis...mbers/espritguy

i have penciled it on the esprit calender :P

at least i shouldn't be the only s3 turbo now :(

Dave,

Need to dress the tyres. What white paint do you use and is it a pencil type or brushed on.

Cheers,

Graham.

"probably the most active Esprit group in the world" Andy Betts, Castle Combe May 2007

its a tyre pen, brought it from 'home and motor save'

come to think of it, mine need doin again dont they :P

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

its a tyre pen, brought it from 'home and motor save'

come to think of it, mine need doin again dont they :P

Cheap shite then........ :(

That'll do nicely B)

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Nice to see the G cars on the way and hopefully S4 has gone to a good home it deserves. I'd like to come to this meet but I thought I just let you know I probably wont be able to as Im in the process of re-conditioning my leaking steering rack, replacing the Bushes and possibly going for the front brake update kit :) . So knowing how long these things take, I doubt Ill be able to join in this one. But Ill see you all at the next.

Hope you have a great day.

Best regards,

Carl

Does NMEG have a website/forum? Would you like a special section and usergroup perhaps on here?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Does NMEG have a website/forum? Would you like a special section and usergroup perhaps on here?

Bibs,

Our website is LEW. Our forum is LEF. Think we're all very happy with that arrangement thanks B)

Cheers,

Graham.

Hi Graham,

Nice to see the G cars on the way and hopefully S4 has gone to a good home it deserves. I'd like to come to this meet but I thought I just let you know I probably wont be able to as Im in the process of re-conditioning my leaking steering rack, replacing the Bushes and possibly going for the front brake update kit :) . So knowing how long these things take, I doubt Ill be able to join in this one. But Ill see you all at the next.

Hope you have a great day.

Best regards,

Carl

Carl,

It's a pity if you can't make it............we've made you an honourary member :)

We misssed you at the Paul Matty day so get over to North Wales if you can. It's a long wait till October 8th B)

Graham.

I agree with Graham, LEW and LEF are all we need

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Thanks Graham, Thats good enough for me ! :blink:

I got my POR15 today too :blink: ! If I can get all my bits to arrive to sort out the steering rack, suspension bushes, Brake Upgrade, New Wastegate Capsule and paint the damn thing, I will definatley be there. But we all know how these types of jobs can roll on :P . But I will meet up with you all as soon as I can. B)

• 2 weeks later...

come on lads n' lasses,

this is a chance to show the other club lotus owners, that there are other cars about other than Elans and Elises !!

i went to a club lotus meeting over birmingham , i was the only Esprit there! ( felt a little out of place as there was 4 vx220's there :D ).

And, had a couple of ppl looking at it as if they had never seen one :( when i lifted the engine cover off, i heard "quick, hes showing the engine"(from the other side of the carpark!!! :D )

Come on! stick ya name down, lets show them off. it will be a fun day out :P

Dave s3t

Graham s3t ?? :P

Howard s4

Carl s4

Edited by dodgy154

Лотос - для тех которые знают разницу

ENIGMA for those who are paranoid or download one :)

Well shouted Dave :D

I'm hopeful that when we get a little nearer the day many more will sign up.

If not, it means more bacon butties for the crew that do attend B)

Graham.

Oh.........please get rid of those ? ? Its now official.

Graham.

pictures please Graham? and congratulations

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Howard,

Working on some pics. I imagine it'll be a pretty close call between me doing that and you actually seeing it in real life on the 27th :blink:

Graham.

Now we are five

Dave s3t

Graham s3t

Howard s4

Carl s4

Simon S3 or GT3 (see spotted thread)

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Indeed.

I've PM'd Simon and he is a definate.

Graham.

Graham / Howard / Dave,

Hi Guys,

My car is still some way off being finished. Im awaiting callipers, springs and dampers, wastegate actuator not to mention I havent even sent the rack off yet for refurb. :lol:

If some miricle happens this week Ill be there but im looking very doubtful at present.

:lol::P

Carl,

Sorry to read that mate.

These S4's are just so unreliable :lol:

Thanks for letting us know matey

Graham.

Howard,

If Simon decides to come in his S3 (come on Simon, bring the real Esprit) and Ian Heighway can make it, you're going to be in a majority of one :lol:

Now that is exclusivity

You will wait for us Classics won't you? B)

Graham.

Edited by Backmarker

You will wait for us Classics won't you? B)

Graham.

You are assuming that I know the way..

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor

Right boys I've ordered coffee and bacon butties for 4. (Howard, Dodgy Dave, Simon Gleave and myself)

Any late takers, please contact me and I'll see what can be done.

Do any of you 3 feel like attending the day in black tie (as all Esprit owners should)in true Bond-esque style?

Lets go with the majority decision. I'm easy either way.

Please be the Gingerbread man by 8.30am on Sunday. I'll have maps of sort but hopefully a convoy of 4 should be able to stay together.

Any queries or changes of plan please shout.

Cheers,

Graham.

ditto, have a bow tie somewhere, but no tux sorry

could manage black trousers white shirt and bow tie,

Edited by esprit350

Friedrich Nietzsche

find me on Tripadvisor