free hit
counters
Lotus Indycar News Thread - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Lotus Indycar News Thread

• 3 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Rumor time!

Newman Haas the C.A.R.T best ever team would be set to become a Lotus Team next year probably alongside current Lotus Team KVRT!

Now I still don't give a damn about IRL but if this happens and if Newman Haas gets Sebastien Bourdais back then I may start paying a little attention to that series!

Provided it still exist next year of course! Which is not a foregone conclusion as most teams are on shaky grounds and the contract with IMS is up in 2013!

• 2 weeks later...

Great result. Man those cars are pig ugly.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

Well the jury is out for me. It would be difficult for it to be uglier than the current car. An improvement without doubt. A pretty car? Well it does not grab me by the choo choos.

Caught between a rock and a hard place in a catch 22 situation, So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other. Your damned if you do, but your damned if you don't so shut your cock!!!!!!!!!!!

Lotus Espirt Turbo S3    

Lotus Esprit S4 

Lotus Elise S2 Sport 130

pig_zps6d7342f1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Its my understanding that GL aren't continueing next year, non?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

I thought they were aiming to be 1 of 3 engine suppliers to Indycar, though I can't find any mention of any of the teams using it.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

Its my understanding that GL aren't continueing next year, non?

If they have sorted the F1 chassis issue that wouldn't surprise me. I suspect Indycar along with GP2 and GP3 was all about placing Lotus everywhere if they didn't have an in house F1 programme. From now on I expect Group Lotus to focus all their investment on Lotus Renault GP, plus privateer GT programmes (hence LMP 2 being chosen over LMP1) that could actually make Lotus money!

One year? No.

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

If they have sorted the F1 chassis issue that wouldn't surprise me. I suspect Indycar along with GP2 and GP3 was all about placing Lotus everywhere if they didn't have an in house F1 programme. From now on I expect Group Lotus to focus all their investment on Lotus Renault GP, plus privateer GT programmes (hence LMP 2 being chosen over LMP1) that could actually make Lotus money!

They don't have an in-house F1 programme, they have a F1 sponsorship programme.

What is the difference between an overtake and a crash? An overtake is a crash that never happened!

KVRT is set to drop Lotus after they decided to opt for Judd instead of Cosworth! However Lotus is talking to Newman Haas and at least another team according to various Indy centric website! It would be funny if after a two year sponsorship and a ridiculously big announcement last year, Lotus would walk away from Indy! It would be good for their finance but not so much for their image! Well then again Indycar awareness is so low in the US right now that only Indy hard core fans will be bothered!

Edited by NedaSay

They don't have an in-house F1 programme, they have a F1 sponsorship programme.

Yeah, I realise this! My point is that if 1Malaysia are going to change their chassis name and therefore LRGP can rename their chassis as 'Lotus' then it is possible that Group Lotus might curtail some of their other racing programmes to put funding in place for taking up the option they have to buy a controling stake in LRGP.

I realise you don't like this scenario but as Joe Saward has reported the story about the 1Malaysia name change I thinks its probably going to happen.

Why?

1. The scoops he reports aren't usually too far from the truth

2. He is a fan of Fernandez and not of Genii

3. His GP+ publication is heavily sponsored by Air Asia and 1Malaysia and he's unlikely to print a story that would annoys his main sponsors unless he was sure about his sources!

Anyway back to Indycar....

Edited by Gus82

The reason I asked the question (Yes with an extra "e" thrown in for good measure) was because I had been told this was the case and that they may decide to concentrate on F1 and GT racing.

Not a great start for Tony Kanaan on Sunday.

Tony had to start from the back as he changed chassis but still finished third. An impressive effort by the whole team.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

• 2 weeks later...