free hit
counters
Disabling alarm? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just checked the handbook - the double blip only disables the interior volumetric sensor, for example if you've left a child or pet in the car. If you want to secure the car but not set the alarms

It won't solve the quiescent drain issues completely, but it'll reduce it somewhat. The microwave sensor apparently draws quite a bit of juice, so by leaving the alarm disarmed (or by pressing the fob

It should. The double-press locks doors, enables the immobilizer, but disables the microwave sensor. 

Once you've locked it, press the button again and it'll bleep. That's the interior and motion sensors off but immobiliser on. I think.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just checked the handbook - the double blip only disables the interior volumetric sensor, for example if you've left a child or pet in the car.

If you want to secure the car but not set the alarms you need to lock the doors manually, either by pressing down the lock button and holding the handle up as you shut it or by using the key in the door lock. The immobiliser will arm itself but the alarms won't be set.

• Like 1

I have never disabled my alarm on any car I have taken on a cross Channel Ferry crossing and it has never activated. I did however disable the alarm on my wife's Audi this year on the Portsmouth-Bilbao crossing as we were crossing the Bay of Biscay which can be quite rough and it was a 24 hour crossing. If the alarm had activated I didn't want to risk it draining the battery.

In my experience I've been on various Scottish ferries of differing sizes with alarm on and no problems. Other alarms did go on cars but not the Evora.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Autocar's Best UK Drivers Car 2009. Car's Performance Car of the Year 2009; Evo's Car of the Year 2009. Top Gear Sports Car of the Year 2009

I know the Evora has volumetric and perimeter alarms but has it got a movement sensor to prevent it being stolen by lifting? Not mentioned in the handbook and that would explain why it isn't set off on ferries.

It has a perimeter alarm?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I had always assumed that car perimeter alarms were set off by the alarm picking up the current draw from the battery when you open the door/boot, e.g. from the interior light (and ditto doing anything else that draws a current)? Different to the kind of perimeter alarm you get in a building.

Oh. I thought you meant, something more like this...

Ed-209.jpg

Evora NA

• 8 years later...
On 07/06/2012 at 22:04, TomE said:

If you want to secure the car but not set the alarms you need to lock the doors manually, either by pressing down the lock button and holding the handle up as you shut it or by using the key in the door lock. The immobiliser will arm itself but the alarms won't be set.

I know this is a super old thread, but would this also solve the problem of a draining battery caused by the active alarm system? 

It won't solve the quiescent drain issues completely, but it'll reduce it somewhat. The microwave sensor apparently draws quite a bit of juice, so by leaving the alarm disarmed (or by pressing the fob lock button twice), you at least negate that. But the ECU and other components seem to constantly draw power, so having it on a tender after about a week is probably always going to be a constant. 

• Like 1