free hit
counters
Radiator fan retaining clip - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Radiator fan retaining clip

The orange four blade Ford cooling fans made by Lucas are secured to their motor shaft with a spring retaining clip. Can anyone tell me where I might find a replacement as one of mine has split.

Lotus have none left and although Ford said there was one languishing forgotton in a Leicestershire dealeship, I discovered, a week after having paid for it and having waited by the letterbox in anticipation that this was an error.

I've tried cobbling something together with a circlip and washer but I'd prefer the original item if possible.

Many thanks,

Simon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there was just in the garage looking at one of the fans I have removed from my car and remembered your post. The ones I have on my assembly dont look too bad. You could get them plated if you wanted em nice and new looking. Any way if you want them they are yours. I have the 3 whole assembles if you want them? Not sure if they work or not as I have replaced mine with the new electric ones.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777