free hit
counters
Paint chips, any advice ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Paint chips, any advice ?

I have quite a few stone chips on the car.

Anyone give a step by step guide as to the best way of dealing with them ?

I am guessing that a small amount of primer and then build up the layers with a touch up stick.

I have the correct Lotus stick, seems VERY thin, almost watery.

I have CDO, it's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order, AS THEY SHOULD BE !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use only the paint itself (not genuine stick, it's small tin with brush in cap), build up with couple of applications a few days apart. If it's very noticeable I then use some 1200 grit paper, flat it so that it is only filling the chip and not creating a bubble over the surface then polish with cutting compound. Virtually invisible.

• Gold FFM

Hello Erik. Would yours perchance be a yellow GT3 on an R plate?

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The factory touch up sticks are, to be brutal, shite. The orange is so watery as you say you can't apply to a vertical surface. It also has no glitter in it. Have virtually given up on the amount of chips accumulated and will try a blow-in on the sills,front bumper when funds allow

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

Mark is right dont use the factory stick. Chrome orange is very sucepatabe to chips and i got some touch up paint made up from an online company which is very good. Chrome Orange is made up of separate base colour, metalflake, and laquer. Ultimate answer is to get the front end repainted then wrapped.