free hit
counters
Electric Esprit Coast to Coast 2012 USA - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
wolflyn

Electric Esprit Coast to Coast 2012 USA

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good on 'em. :thumbsup:

If my engine went pop, I would seriously consider this route. I can't imagine what you would save with removing everything to do with the mechanical drive, radiators, tanks etc.

But then, not sure what you would add back in with battery weight?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Agreed Michael, if you look at some of the photos that Esprit is really down low on the rear springs. Made the distance though!

As they were travelling they had to prop the tailgate open, presumably to help with air circulation, I bet they regretted their decision to remove the "ears" and rear windows and pop rivet a metal plate over the rear quarter, don't think there was much weight saved there.

I think the students got a lot more from the whole thing that just the engineering experience.

Normally Aspirated - and lovin' it!

EPSON003-1.jpg

I saw the work they did there as well Colin and I can only presume they did it for airflow (streamlining) around the car not considering getting air through the 'engine' bay.

They have even closed up all the front air dam as well, which would have affected the airflow underneath the car as well, though not to the degree that the blocking off the ears would have caused.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.