free hit
counters
Esprit Too Late to Market - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Well I just couldn't wait for the pipe dream of a new Esprit in my driveway any time in the near future so I did what any real gearhead / driver would do and bought a new 2012 Audi R8 V10...

It's not the canyon monster my Elise/Exige/211 is but it does corner well enough to need knee supports in order to keep my old ass in place exiting a corner while on the loud peddle....

300 canyon mi. since I picked it up Fri. nite and the exhaust tone is just perfect but I may need to change out the springs for something firmer.

post-8085-0-95688400-1341763817.jpg

I think it's fast enough…maybe

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You made good choice. Audi always makes good cars, I've had most of the high-performance models starting from the RS2. The R8 is known here as the best high speed Autobahn cruiser. Shame you'll never be able to get it anywhere near to top speed in the USA (legally).

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Hardtop? Spent some time oogling over the convertible V10 yesterday in our local dealership :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I just drove an R8 Spyder with V10. Wasn't impressed. For the money there are many other cars I'd rather have. But I'm glad you are happy with your choice. Totally agree with the appreciation of the exhaust note though.

Kyle Kaulback

Hardtop? Spent some time oogling over the convertible V10 yesterday in our local dealership :)

Yeah I need a hard top since the new 211 will be more than enough the true driving expereance for me and it's just too dam hot to cruise with a drop top.

Another 150 mi. and I'm searching for springs first thing in the morning... or I could just slow down,,nah

Ok so I went down to GMG this morning and had a set of their progressive rate lowering springs installed along with a proper 4 wheel alignment to make things right....

He's NOT nuts.....but is IS a slightly modified form of sanity!! Great stuff.......now get back to the workshop (!)

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein

I'll be out in bumfuck this morning working on the 211 and it's gonna be freakin hot today. :rambo:

I wanted to hold out for the new Esprit but after the Swizzel stick appointment I knew it wasn't gonna happen in my lifetime.

The R8 is the car Lotus have to compete with, if they can build in the quality and performance to match the R8 they will survive but if they aim higher they are toast and to be tottaly honest this is the best all round car this old fool has ever driven.. :unworthy:

Oh yeah there is one other flaw in the R8, there needs to be a push/pull flappy paddle shifter mounted on the collum like a WRC car fix that and the car is fuckin perfect in every way....

Moxie, I haven't jumped ship just wait till you see the ronin 711 :smoke:

Moxie, I haven't jumped ship just wait till you see the ronin 711

Can't convince you to name it the Ronin 911? And I don't mean a Porsche reference.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

I was talkin about whp when I'm done...

Ok after a nice 75 mi. drive through the twisties in 105*f heat with the AC freezin my arms and face with the stereo blastin a little Joe Banamassa I don't think a better car can be made by mortal man...

I was haulin ass on some seriously cool roads and dudes this is it with the new springs, this car needs only better door and center console bolstering to support my knees in the corners. It corners that hard..

Nice. They do look like cracking roads, I'll have to have a drive there myself one day :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I took a little Sunday cruise to check out my new springs..not bad. :smoke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bczrYr9jw-U&feature=youtu.be

Must be nice to drive on super smooth empty roads!

• 2 weeks later...

I am constantly amazed that roads like that are not lined up with traffic cops with speed guns waiting for you and your friends. Or if you go the way of the UK there will be lines of yellow boxes with speed cams in then waiting to rack up a few extra dollars for the government!

Twitter @radioRedwards

All I can say is that this must be God's empty country. I've never seen a road this empty, incredible. That must really be fun. :scooter:

If ever I saw a road over here anywhere near that empty!

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

“So in America when the sun goes down and I sit on the old broken-down river pier watching the long, long skies over New Jersey and sense all that raw land that rolls in one unbelievable huge bulge over to the West Coast, and all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it, and in Iowa I know by now the children must be crying in the land where they let the children cry, and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear? the evening star must be drooping and shedding her sparkler dims on the prairie, which is just before the coming of complete night that blesses the earth, darkens all the rivers, cups the peaks and folds the final shore in, and nobody, nobody knows what's going to happen to anybody besides the forlorn rags of growing old, I think of Dean Moriarty, I even think of Old Dean Moriarty the father we never found, I think of Dean Moriarty.”

Kerouac...."On the Road".

Scientists investigate that which already is; Engineers create that which has never been." - Albert Einstein