free hit
counters
European Road-Trip - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gazm

European Road-Trip

Now we have the Evora I suggested to my wife that maybe we should take it on a trip around Europe and the Alps..... she loved the idea!

So, now we are committed to the adventure. We are leaving Cheshire and taking the Eurotunnel train to Calais on the 26th July and we are taking a ferry from Amsterdam to Newcastle on the 7th August.

Besides spending a couple of nights in Zandvoort before the ferry we have no fixed plans.

I have trawled the forums and had a couple of suggestions but wondered if the combined wisdom and experience of TLF could give some first hand guidance.

We would like to do the usual stuff: Black Forest, Alpine passes, Lakes, tourist stuff....

thanks in advance

post-12180-0-63735700-1342225422.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Car looks lovely! Few laps of the 'Ring? :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Do avoid the highways on the wekkends, especially the German Autobahns. Standing stillin a traffic jam is not the right place for a Lotus. Same will be tru for the balck forest on a weekend, unless its raining.

Do try to catch a section of unlimted Autobahn without trffic and test the top speed :unworthy:

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

Car looks lovely! Few laps of the 'Ring? :D

thanks Bibs, I do like the yellow and it makes the car look faster... but if I went on the ring with it I think I would be heading for a divorce....

Do avoid the highways on the wekkends, especially the German Autobahns. Standing stillin a traffic jam is not the right place for a Lotus. Same will be tru for the balck forest on a weekend, unless its raining.

Do try to catch a section of unlimted Autobahn without trffic and test the top speed :unworthy:

we should be spending a few days around Baden-Baden so hopefully plenty of time to check out the top speed... it has to be done!