free hit
counters
Wanna Be Owner with Questions - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
shinden252

Wanna Be Owner with Questions

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and am looking at getting into an '06ish Elise or Exige. One I am looking at, the owner states:

"I bought new lenses and one full headlamp as this Exige has a typical Lotus problem with a cracked attachment bracket. These go with the car at no extra charge. The front side markers are cracked and I bought those new also. They too go with the car."

Do the headlamp and turn signal lenses usually crack? If so why?

Any advice on this topic or general gotcha's for the car would be greatly appreciated.

S

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I havent heard of the brackets cracking before !

I have an 06 exige and they have the same light arrangement as the 01 elises (i had a 02 elise), Not heard of any problems with brackets.

There have been may reported cases of failed indicators as they are all plastic and the design is pitiful.

Nope, not heard that before.

One thing to note though is that MY'07 cars came with an updated one piece headlight unit, without the need for the two piece lens and bracketed light cluster arrangement.

have owned a few pre '06 Elise and not had any issues with brackets

the later series 2.5 cars utilise integral indicators within the headlamp unit; as mentioned above the fixing detail on the earlier indicators was pretty sh1t, but as is the Lotus way continual development is the way forward!!