free hit
counters
S2.2 Wheel PCD - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Cook

S2.2 Wheel PCD

Does anyone elses Eclat / Elite hubs have a PCD of 4 x 100mm? I bought spacers for 4 x 114 and very nearly some 16 inch wheels until I was outbid only to find the PCD is different ot most!

More spacers on the way sigh. Moral of the story - check before you buy.

Regards Steve

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My s2 Eclat had the same smaller pcd,you could change the hubs to s1 hubs with the 114.3 pcd, this is what I did when fitting Excel 15" wheels.

Regards Dan

No Dan,

I'll stick with the 4 x 100 and get some wheels to fit, maybe some MGZR haipin's 6.5 X 16 so I can fit 205 50 16's, I think they will suit the car and they are cheap. I'll fit 1.25" concentric spacers then I can choose from Honda, Renault, Vauxhall, Rover etc wheels.

Regards

Edited by Steve Cook

anything bigger than the 14" ones fitted by lotus will confuse the suspension geometry and the roadholding.

if you are fitting it for visual apperance...its ok...but Lotus designed their cars for beeing driven

it only confuses the geometry if the rolling radius changes. Bigger wheels and lower profile tyres can give pretty much the same rolling radius as the original.

A 205 60 14 has a rolling radius almost identical to a 205 55 15. A 215 50 15 is also close, but check for clearance at the front on full lock with the wider tyre..

What is more challenging than matching the pcd is getting wheels with the correct offset. I think the eclat is ET15 and ET8 on the excel 15 inch wheels.

NB be very careful with the S2 pcd as I'm not 100% sure the S2 hubs are 4*100.... I have a feeling from memory they might be imperial 3.75"x4 and the same as the MGF, but not the bigger MG's. I'm sketchy on this, but it is best to check and confirm before purchasing.

There is a red elite V8 than wears MGF wheels and they look "funny". Far too flat with no dish.

There is a red elite V8 than wears MGF wheels and they look "funny". Far too flat with no dish.

Seen that....urgh!