free hit
counters
I need your help ! my Evora is dying - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Galmuhairi

I need your help ! my Evora is dying

Hey all,

i'm a new member here from all the way across the globe :) i've got a 2010 lotus evora with about 10,000km on it, and the problem is the car already started to go crazy ! the check engine light is on and the car wont start normally and usually it will just cut off the gas and the engine dies! since we dont have a dealer here in Dubai ( yes its stupid i know ) i have to order the parts online and I couldnt do so until now! i've already did the scanning for the codes and the results were the following:

1- throttle/pedal position senseor switch A / B voltage correlation. P2135

2- throttle actuator control system P2106

any idea where i can find any of those online and they can provide international shipping?

i was also wondering since the engine is actually from Toyota will i be able to fit the same parts on the lotus? just in case i cant get the lotus ones?

Thanks a lot for your help guys :)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Ghanem and welcome to TLF. :welcome:

Sorry to hear about your issues with your evora, but I would suggest not difficult to rectify. Someone will be along that will be able to assist you with answers.

You should also duck over to the Introductions thread and say hi there as not everyone reads the forums for the car models.

Other than that, any questions on the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)

Sounds like you are getting an error from the throttle assembly, which you could probably order online. However, the fault could also be in the electrics, so I would check that first. I expect you have already downloaded the service manuals from the Lotus website.

If you let me know what parts you require, I can get them and have them Fedex'd to you. Or try www.deroure.com and see if they'll ship to you?

Ghanem, welcome to the forums, and welcome to Lotus.

I know how you feel and have been there myself. Trust me, with Lotus things can only get better.

Wouldn't hurt to try checking out some basic things first...Just so you can rule them out at least.

Make sure your battery and alternator are functioning normally.. I've observed wierd behavior with a bad battery myself. Electronics could be glitchy without a steady, clean stream of electricity.

Next I'd try rebooting the ECU. Your parameters could be in a bad state due to a fault of some sort.. But it's temporary since the ECU configurations are all stored in non-volatile memory. Do the following:

1)Open the trunk car and then remove the carpeting to expose the car battery cover. Remove the cover to access the battery. Unscrew the battery clamp and pull the battery out. Using a spanner, remove the negative terminal from the battery post. Once it has been disconnected, leave it for 20 minutes and then connect it back onto the battery post and tighten it up with a spanner.

2)Insert the key into the ignition in the first position and leave it in that position for 6 minutes.

3)Start up the vehicle and let the engine idle for 8 minutes.

4)Turn off the engine and turn it back on, and go for a quick spin around your block. (make sure you've secured your battery first).

5)At this stage, the ecu unit will be reset. It'll take 40-50 minutes of regular driving before your car learns the correct fuel mixtures to run optimally.

Good luck and let us know if that changes anything.

Edited by Squidward

Hey Guys,

Thanks a lot for your help really appreciate it :)

I've already tried to contact every single website online no one knows the issue, I think its time for me to start doing it manually ! anyone knows where i can find an online manual ?

Its time for me to start googling !

Where does Lotus stand on issues like this? Just because there is no dealership does it mean there is no warranty? I would expect them to be able to provide some remote advice at the least and if parts are deemed to be faulty they should be provided free of charge, or am I living in a dream world?

cheers

-Chris

Thanks a lot :)

Where does Lotus stand on issues like this? Just because there is no dealership does it mean there is no warranty? I would expect them to be able to provide some remote advice at the least and if parts are deemed to be faulty they should be provided free of charge, or am I living in a dream world?

cheers

-Chris

Im asking myself the same question i know they are opening a dealer soon in Downtown burj khalifa, and we have a dealer in KSA and in Qatar, I'll try to see if i can order the parts from there ! but seriously Lotus is pissing me off ! this is my second evora in less than a year , my first evora passed away few months ago when a stupid guy crashed into the back of my car and since we dont have any dealer here the car was taken by the insurance company and they paid me the full value of the car, and now the same crap with this one ! lets see what happens!

guys anyone know where i can find a vin decoder for the evora?

my VIN # is scclmdhu4ahe11008 but it seems i cant find a decoder for it! or im I searching with the wrong code?

I've contacted te dealer in Qatar and I got nothing ! Those won't answer calls or emails !! I'm trying to find a place here in Dubai to fix it ! If nothing happens I think I'll go for an engine swap !

Sounds reasonable for a broken sensor :huh:

Would you like the contact details for the warranty team at Lotus first perhaps?

Hello,

It sounds like this part could be faulty: http://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=20&TBL=1854&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=49860

Or this one: http://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=20&TBL=1922&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=51146

I'm pretty sure these parts could be shipped directly from Lotus,try to contact them at the following adress: [email protected]

Cheers

Nico

Guest Ktdre

To the OP, there is a dealer in Oman (Shanfari automotive). I know they stopped selling new lotuses but they are still doing service work and warranty claims for me. I also heard that a dealer should be open in AD anytime now. Your problem sounds like something warranty would cover even if you are not the original owner. The lotus warranty on my Elise is 3 years or 60000kms. As long as u contact a dealer before that u should get it fixed under warranty. I will pm you the warranty managers cell number in Oman.