free hit
counters
V8 Fuel pressure... - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
cweeden

V8 Fuel pressure...

Does anyone know what the correct fuel pressure is for the V8's?

I have had my injectors cleaned and tested and there is one which is working fine up to 3 bar but is not function above 3.1bar of pressure. Naturally I am hoping the correct pressure is below 3 bar. :)

cheers

-Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Chris

Sorry I can't help with the correct fuel pressure but can you advise what effect this has on the running of the engine.

I have recently developed a slight "misfire" at between 4,500 - 5,500 rpm under moderate acceleration. I wondered if it was fuel starvation to one of the cylinders. Is this a known problem that may have something to do with the fuel pressure?

Hi Brian,

I had the engine out of mine and refreshed a number of items, belts, cleaned fuel injectors, ceramic coated manifolds, new engine wiring loom etc and when it went back in it was running very roughly, not just a stumble, it was rough. I suspected it might be a sticky injector since there had been a lengthy delay between having them cleaned and running some fuel through them. Apparently this can cause them to stick. So I sent them back for checking and the response was one of the secondary injectors was stuck (but I don't now if it was stuck open or closed) and one of the primary injectors didn't function above 3.1 bar. This doesn't sound like enough is wrong with them to cause my rough running so I will need to check the new engine loom to make sure the connections are correct and no faults in the loom.

The new loom had the injector connectors numbered and it would be great if someone could confirm that I have them in the right order.

Injector 1 is on the right hand side of the engine as viewed from behind the car and closest to the front of the engine (nearest the cambelts) 2, 3 and 4 are all on the right hand bank sequentially numbered with 4 at the rear of the engine. Number 6 is at the front of the engine on left hand side (as viewed from behind the car) with number 8 at the rear of the engine.

cheers

-Chris

injectors are numbered with the same layout as the cylinder sequence

(1234) RH ..(5678) LH

-counting from front to rear (flywheel)

-only the numbering directly on the coil- ports are doubled *1234/1234* ..as for the reuse of ordinary fourpot-engine coils (GM type) ..and the coils are placed opposite to the bank they have to fire. ..plus the interchange with two cylinder numbers on every coil

-hope this is discribed in the right way ?..