free hit
counters
Temporary loss of power (1st gear pulling away) - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kier

Temporary loss of power (1st gear pulling away)

Morning all, had my first Evora problem last night. Had been driving for about 2 hours (motoryway, duel carriageway), almost got home & noticed as I was pulling away from junctions/traffic lights a loss of power.

On each ocasion it only happened when pulling away in 1st gear & if I took my foot off the accelorator & put it back on again it sorted itself out. To an observer it would have almost seemed like I was messing up the gears/almost stalling it, however that wasn't the case as I've not had any problems up until now. To me it felt a bit like when you run out of fuel, however I've got half a tank left, plus if it was some sort of fuel block it wouldn't only do it in 1st gear from a standstill I'd assume.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Edited by Kier

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sound like traction control. Was it wet? The Evora has so much torque that you can easily get wheelspin in the wet.

No wasn't wet. Drove around a fair bit yesterday & it was fine so I'll keep an eye on it. Rather embarrassingly I'm starting to think it may have just been my poor driving, having had a long week, flight back to uk & drive back home. I was pretty tired so as much as I hate to admit it, I could have just not been giving it enough revs!!!

Sounds like a problem I've had twice. Once the ECU needed reflashed, and the other was the clutch position sensor

Hey!

Yeah sounds simelar to a problem i had with my clutch too..

When pulling away next time, release the clutch VERY slowly, millimeater by millimeater.. if its the clutch sensor or anything related you will feel it. try and match the revs best you can so your not slipping the clutch too much.

Do the same when you change into 2nd also.

The dead spot in mine is about 10mm from the top of the clutch.