free hit
counters
Engine rebuilds plus tune? - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
armynick

Engine rebuilds plus tune?

Hi,

Has anyone ever had their Esprit engine stripped and refurbished / cleaned up / tuned?

Mt Gt3 now has 85k on the clocks and was thinking about having the engine rebuilt next year. There's nothing wrong with it at the moment but I was thinking more in the lines of preventative maintenance. I may be playing with fire though.

I am located in SW London.

Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If you want it fettled, you'll do no better than Garry Kemp. You'll have to get the engine on a crate to him but it'll come back with anything you can dream of done to it, he's a miracle worker :D

Can he make it into a V10?

Gerald at GST Performance is brilliant at engine rebuilds too. He's recently finished his own S4S and it sounds top. I believe that Sparky at Watford Exotics is fabulous too.

Do not take it to Gerald at GST!... he is currently rebuilding my engine and the sheer ammount of work hes currently getting is infuriatingly pushing back my completion date further and further..... :no

Top Work done by a top guy though...

Hi Guys my esprit is a 1992 s3 and when i try to start my car it tries to start and ie never once used the choke as it usually started Now the car runs the battery down very quickly and as i use a jump start it fires up in half a turn ?the battery when metered is 12 volts then when started its charging at 14 volts ,The battery is either not holding a full charge or is it a fuel problem ,?can anyone tell me how many fuel filters are there ?if any and should i renew the tubing in case of a leak ? Also is there anywhere to get an ECU cable local as £80 seems exspensive ? thanks guys hardluck09

OK, back up.  Let's get one thing straight here!  What car do you actually have?  You called it a 1992 S3 (no such thing) on another thread too, asking about points/distributor, but your profile says 1993 SE.  There is no choke or distributor on the SE.

Sounds like your battery isn't holding its charge; get it tested.  It shouldn't be a fuel issue.  There is only one fuel filter (if it's the SE), in the engine compartment, more or less behind the driver's seat.

You are a full member so you have access to a parts manual via this forum - suggest you download it.

A guy on here called internets may be able to supply a cable (ah, it must be an SE then) more cheaply - PM him.