free hit
counters
907/910/912 Thermostat - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

907/910/912 Thermostat

Hope someone can help.

I am looking for a bellows thermostat either 74 or 82 degrees for one of my cars and I am trying to find out what other general cars used this same one.

I have been told Fiat Uno, Jag XJ6 and Mazda 3,4,5,6,7.

Can anyone confirm this for me.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks Travis. Yes, but I cannot believe that Lotus made any part but bought in from existing manufacturers. I have been googling this problem plenty and the number of Esprit owners who have problems with these items is amazing, most jamming open. I think that this is the problem with two of my cars, one a 910 and the other a 912 engine. I will remove the one from the Excel and take it in to a large part supplier and see what we can fabricate.to make another type fit.

Go well.

Roger

What's wrong with just buying a Lotus one?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

The 82 I took out ia a "Waxstat", I replaced it with a 74 from SJ Sports cars, but I can't tell brand. (It's in the car)

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

My problem is that there is no Lotus parts available over here in South Africa. The Lotus ones are known to give trouble and one fellow on a forum has gone through 7 in his experiences with his Lotus engines, most sticking open but a couple sticking closed.

Searching the web I have had it confirmed that the thermostat QTH104 that is used in both the E Type and the XJ as well as the Mazda RX-7 is identical to the one used in the 900 series engines.

Specs are 54 mm flange, 28.5 mm diameter, 34.5 mm in height..

Don't forget, if there is no by-pass hole, drill one, I used a 1/8th, makes bleeding the system a lot less painful.

Life is like a sewer, what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it. (Tom Leahrer)

The 82 I took out is a "Waxstat"...

My '89 non-SE is very original (6,212 miles when acquired in 2004) and also has a Waxstat marked 82˚C, Made in England.

It has a weep hole about 1/8" in diameter, with a little teardrop-shaped float to help it bleed air but not coolant.

"If everything is under control, you're going too slow." - Mario Andretti