free hit
counters
It's a sad day and a long wait. - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
douglasgdmw

It's a sad day and a long wait.

After a test drive in the V6 Exige at the weekend, we decided that it should be the next Lotus in our life.

So the Evora is now in Murray's (MMC) awaiting for a new home (http://www.pistonhea...les/4087522.htm)

Fitting the Cat Bypass has completely transformed the car and gives it a lovely note along with the sports exhaust (but still easy to live with and hold a conversation). Regret is that I have not had very long with the exhaust bypass on to enjoy the great aural experience.

So sad that I am giving it up a little bit earlier than I anticipated but I know that someone out there will end up with a fantastic car and hoping that they have as much fun in it as much as we did.

So if you are wanting a well looked after Evora (not been tracked/abused) then give Brandon at MMC a call.

George

Ps Feeling very sad having to write this :-(

Ps2 Mods if I am not allowed to list the link then let me know as can easily remove

Edited by douglasgdmw
  • Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

So you are getting rid of the Evora to get a new Exige S and you are sad? I'm guessing that feeling will wane and be completely gone after a few minutes in the new car.

How long is it going to take to get to you?

Congratulations. :thumbup:

Michael,

Had the option of getting it around the beginning of the year but decided to wait until March 2013 (when the new UK registrations come out). So I am waiting approx 7 months to get the new car.

Had a Lotus in the garage since Feb 2002 so its going to be a very strange feeling when I get back from work tonight to find the garage empty.

The Evora is such a fantastic car I can't believe that I am letting it go but I was as equally impressed with the Exige V6 as my first drive in the Evora.

George

Edited by douglasgdmw

Congrats on the Exige S purchase :thumbup:

Is the Exige roadster avaliable yet?

The information we got at the weekend is that the Exige Roadster options will probably be available in the 2 weeks - 1 month time.

The price of the Exige Roadster will be the same as the Coupe but the interior trim levels will be greater.

Then the Exige Roadster will probably be available around February/March time if my memory serves me correctly. As they are on the same line as the Exige it gives us the option of whether to go Exige Coupe or Roadster (should we change our mind).

However we reckon we will go Exige Coupe as my wife's 911 (964) Targa can be used for the open top motoring days. Although there is always the "un-warranted" option of fitting an additional soft top to the coupe (as long as you do not go above 140mph)

George

Ps Bibs - correct me if I am wrong as I may not have been thinking straight after the test drive

I've just asked and delivery dates can't be confirmed until GL know what DRB want to do with the model line up. That said, I'm sure they'll carry on with the Exige, it would be madness not so and I'd expect deliveries to be early next year as you have been told :)

Congrats George.

Its something I have been considering for a while now since I put my name down for an Exige V6 going back about a year.. However I recently took one of the SE members Exiges down to Murrays and took the Evora home, and I just couldn't wait to get out the Exige. All personal but its just not for me. I can imagine the V6 being a hoot to drive, but it also reminded me why I got rid of my last Exige.. Ashame really.

I'll look forward to seeing it! :)

Justin,

Must admit that the V6 exige seemingly rides so much better than the S2 Exige (not driven an S2 Exige as had a 111R previously). So suspect it would make long distance travelling a lot easier than the S2.

The Exige will definitely not be as comfortable as the Evora that's for sure. Could I go down to Mugello in the Exige like I did in the Evora - possibly but there would have to be serious compromises on what we could take (1/2 or 1/3 our luggage allowance). May get there considerably quicker though!!

One thing we did notice is how compact the cabin is compared to the Evora, we will definitely feel closer together in the Exige :-)

Must admit that if we did not have Sandra's 911 (964) Targa in the garage I would have possibly considered a 2nd hand 911 GT3. However that may have looked a bit to much like German marque love.

Know it is all personal however

George

Yeah absolutely

I think it makes more sense as part of a multiple car set up, but as an only car I just don't think I could put up with the compromise..

Justin,

Yep - just waiting for the final paperwork to be done and the money in my account :-)

George

Very Jealous George.

I really love the new Exige V6 and would love one. However my wife has decided that a new bigger house in the countryside is in order, ho hum!!

Thanks - Must admit that I am very sad to see the Evora go as it has been a cracking car and so capable. I just can't believe why people have not bought more of them, consider myself lucky that I have got to experience the magnificent handling (and comfort).

If I had the funds I would have kept but there was no way my wife was going to let me trade in her car for the Exige!!

Hopefully a bigger house means more garage space also :-)

George

Yep, I think any Evora with the right spec will sell pretty fast.

Now come down to a price where people realise what cracking cars there are for the money.

George