free hit
counters
From S3 Turbo look a like back to a S2 - Page 6 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Finlandese

From S3 Turbo look a like back to a S2

Have a look on my blog. i explain in detail how the gear change works.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Shifter adjusted and now I have all the gears. Indicators are perplexing. Indicator light at the dash is on when the ignition is on, but the indicators themselves do not work at all. Hazards kind of work... When I switch the hazards on, the indicator light at the dash goes off and the indicators flash very rapidly all around the car.

2 hours ago, Lotusfab said:

Have a look on my blog. i explain in detail how the gear change works.

Thank you. Saw some of you photos earlier and figured it out via the workshop manual. 

Edited by Finlandese
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Finlandese said:

Indicators are perplexing. Indicator light at the dash is on when the ignition is on, but the indicators themselves do not work at all. Hazards kind of work... When I switch the hazards on, the indicator light at the dash goes off and the indicators flash very rapidly all around the car.

Sounds like a bad earth, checking all of them is where I'd start. 😀

• Like 1

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Jani, look for my posted response several days back in another thread. I explain the sort of fault you're dealing with and how to fix. I think it was in Giugiaro, Interior, etc.

"Hazard Switch Schematic"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drdoom said:

Jani, look for my posted response several days back in another thread. I explain the sort of fault you're dealing with and how to fix. I think it was in Giugiaro, Interior, etc.

"Hazard Switch Schematic"

Very intresting. Have to check is some wd-40 makes any difference...

Indicators work again. Gave the hazard switch a good bath in WD-40, which helped with calming down the hazards, but no effect on the indicators. Going through the indicator relay contacts extinguished the indicator light at the dash, but still no indicators. The reason for no indicators was embarrasingly simple. The power wire from the stalk to the relay had no connection. It apperead ok from the outside and had been checked twice, but male connector was actually on the outside female connectors insulation. Silly f*cking me..

Edited by Finlandese
  • Haha 2

So easily done though....at least you’re getting there faster than me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveyT said:

So easily done though....at least you’re getting there faster than me! 

I had a three year total break, so it´s about time I got cracking! Every project has it´s peaks and valleys, you´ll get there. Currently I am on a berserker run to the finish..  😄

Trying for the MOT by the end of the week. Luckily I´m off work for the week. Especially, as I have to reserve thursday for helping to take the engine off from the Maserati.

• Like 1

Emissions cheked. Had to hardwire the fans as the otter switch didn't... switch them on. New switch, but something is wrong. On the return trip the alternator belt was slipping so bad that I couldn't switch on the headlights. Luckily there were street lights all the way home and the car is white. Not quite finished yet..

Love the interior, though... 🙂

836B2B02-A29F-4BD8-A847-9D942FEDE071.jpeg

04775BF6-FB26-4CC2-BC63-AB6BBB657242.jpeg

Edited by Finlandese
  • Like 1

That interior looks like a lovely place to be. :)

• Like 2

It's getting there......

You need some serious leverage on the alternator to get the tension. Ideally a two man job so you have both hands free to tighten the nuts and bolts when in the correct position.

Pete

• Like 1

Pete '79 S2

LEW Miss September 2009