free hit
counters
Self Dimming Rear Veiw Mirror - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Not had too much time to drive my Esprit V8 this year (groan ) but I recall from evening and nighttime drives last year that cars following with bright headlights tend to dazzle in the rear veiw mirror.

Car has a low seating height which doesnt help so maybe some black out or tinted film on the rear bulkhead window

Of course this is because mostly cars are behind rather in front of you ( and you always notice the blue flashing ones anyway) but thought I would ask if anyone had adapted a mirror from say a Range Rover P38 or similar for the Esprit ?

Couldnt find any other info on this or maybe the later Sport 350 's had this anyway

Any comments

Cheers

Paul

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Nope Sport 350's didn't have this. Standard rear view mirror.

why do you not just use the 'tilt function' -in case of..?

The mirror inside does have this like any other cabin rearview mirror on other cars

Of course you can use the tilt function but the auto dimming mirrors dont need adjustment and dim further with more intense brightness I have one of these on my RR P38 and they work really well

the wheight of the cabin mirror is only supported by srews who get in slight contact with the fibre body and by the weak 'thermoplastic' roof lining, decorated with some alcantara there on most Esprit S4ff

..so if you add something as heavy as an fully electronic rearview mirror from a SUV/fourwheeler/luxury-sedan or what ever -reconstruct the whole roof lining there !

Keep in mind: if you really need all this additional stuff -you will end with it like in most modern cars ..with an heavy wheight transport vehicle, that is used most of the time only on steering, brakes and doorhandles ..so an self dimming rearview mirror is as usefull as a memory function seat, from my point of usage ..I even have it tilted down most time in the night and just don't remember to pop it up if noone is behind ..just as I don't use this mirror verry often -it is not verry helpfull on parking or anything else ..what do you think ??

Edited by Günter

I relocated my rearview mirror to the winsdshield, like every modern car. In fact, I used the mirror from the Exige/Evora. I looked into an electric dimming mirror, but have not been able to find one small enough. A standard-sized mirror will almost completely block the view out the front windshield.