free hit
counters
TLF Summer 'Best of British' BBQ - Events - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF Summer 'Best of British' BBQ

Bibs

Moxie is over from NYC and staying with us the weekend before the Lotus Festival.

In his honour (and the hope he'll get me a beer) we're holding a TLF 'Best of British' BBQ.

Date: Saturday 11th Aug

Time: mid-afternoon 'til late

Reqs: Bring something British - Beer, rum*, meat, tea etc

Dress code: Union Jack suits only

We can park plenty of cars although can't accommodate. If you want somewhere to stay, The Village hotel in Aylesford is very nice and a 20 min walk, 3 min drive away.

* Doesn't have to be British, just bring it! :D

1 & 2: Bibs & Laura

3: Moxie

Anyone else?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're not gonna believe this. BLOODY HELL! Just ten minutes ago my President called and it turns out we need to be at a yacht outing/political function on Long Island on that Sunday, which means we need to come straight back to the US from Madrid on Saturday, which means I'm screwed on coming over to see you good folks. DAMN! I even would have brought ny favorite BBQ sauce!!!

post-6978-0-67643900-1343403494.jpeg

I am, however, going to try to come over in September or October on my way up to Scotland.

Sorry for the bummer. I was really looking forward to seeing you all sooner rather than later.

1983 "Investor's Special Edition" Turbo Esprit (#43/50) | 2012 Evora S

• Gold FFM

Dammit. Hope I can get a refund on the mongoose outfit.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I'd even commissioned Tracy Emin to give it an Olympic ring motif using the entrails of Siberian hamsters. Shucks.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

My names on the list and I'm still expecting a BBQ!

Maybe we could have a video link setup to Moxie, and you could do an "I'm really sorry I couldn't be there guys and please could someone move Sparky a bit further away from the web cam as I getting to see a bit much of the mongoose for my own comfort" speech

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Don't joke. I did that once. I threw a party that my friend Al, from North Carolina, couldn't make, so we put him on a laptop via iChat on the bar.

Mmm, ribs :D

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

FedEx the BBQ sauce over

Don't think I won't. Billy also makes the best picante sauce I've ever had. I'm always well-stocked:

BFG_Picante.jpg

3: Moxie (in absentia)

4: gt111

5: x27eve

Evora NA

* Doesn't have to be British, just bring it! :D

Greeting my small and leaky engined friends!

:thumbsup:

DSC03439.jpg

If the weather is nice I'm up for the miles. Will bring a selection of local sausages of course, and my papers will most certainly in order.

3: Moxie (in absentia)

4: gt111

5: x27eve

6: Paul C

Cheers for the invite mate.

New address?

We'll webcam you on the day Matt, dress to impress :thumbup:

Evora NA

Yep, new address.

I'll probably be checking out the Prado during the party, but maybe I can find a WiFi hotspot and do a Facetime connection.

Thanks Matt for your trans-Atlantic donation to this weekend festivities :D

post-1-0-59202000-1344336514.jpg

Anyone else coming this weekend?

Evora NA

Due to a lack of interest and our honoured guest having to reschedule this is cancelled.

Burn your own chicken with fire...

Evora NA