free hit
counters
Stainless cat back system, twin exit for GT3 - Induction/Turbo/Chargecooler/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Whirlybird

Stainless cat back system, twin exit for GT3

My GT3 is at Longlife in Hayes having a twin exit pipe made up.

I'll let you know the results !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You will be happy I'm sure and if you aren't they will do something about it in my experience. The place doesn't look much but can't complain about thier work.

Trevor.

Yup, they're my new best friends. Luvverly job.

When I took the car out of the garage, there was a small puddle of brownish water (didn't see it until after I dropped the car off). I only took the car out of the garage last night, drove 10 feet and put it back.

The puddle is just about where the peddles are, no smell (guessing water).

Any ideas ?

Was the air con running? Could be condesation.

Trevor.

No, only took it out of the garage to get something. Is there any drain in the front ? overflow ?

When I get it back I will re-position the car and see what is under it.

Do the taste test!

Erik, is yours the yellow GT3 I met on the M4 in May?

Duh. Stem cell moment. I knew that! Let's see that pretty exhaust...

Sorry for the delay, I was waiting for some stage pictures from the fitting center, they haven't turned up yet.

post-14579-0-73996800-1343761689.jpg

Looks and sounds better to me.

Nice, you happy?

Trevor.

Yes, I'm happy. I think it evens up the back end.

It seems to drive smoother, that may be all in my head though.

The dripping liquid turned out to be a leaking radiator.

Eeek! Rad or hose?

Not sure yet Gary, this is why I bought my car from a dealer, for a warranty which would find out any initial issues.

I looked under the front and water was dripping along the bottom of the rad and fans, had a taste and it is def from the cooling system.

Taking it up on Saturday to have a look.

Nice exhaust mate,

Have Mattys agreed to change the rad?

Hi Adrian

Car is at Paul Matty now, took it Saturday. Waiting and hoping it will be ready for tomorrow, not been much sun since I bought it so would like to make the most of the weekend.

Still at Matty's. Rad has been changed, has had some cel 26 & 34 which they are trying to diagnose now.

I bet it rains when I get it back !

Excellent, how much and how did you source the V8 valance? I was thinking of taking mine to Powerflow to just get the standard LH exit exhaust replaced by something lighter and louder. Would love to make this a twin but finding a s/h valance is difficult (mine is also matched yellow to the car currently).

Yours looks lovely though, does it sound good?

Hi Ben,

I took the valance off (rusted and snapped bolts, which then needed drilling and re-tapping) then just cut a section out and moved the end in so it was equal on both sides.

Fibreglass, filler and sanding. It took about 3 hours (excluding drying time). It's not perfect yet but pretty good, good enough to give the exhaust fitters their space. When winter comes I will finish it off.

Yes i'm happy with the sound, but unfortunately it sounds better outside the car than in...... and I'm usually driving !

It's hard to describe what sound you want and get it (especially if you want a 4 pot to sound like a v8)

I did think of that, as you've done. Cool. Always wondered why they made GT3s LH exit - it's not the straightest airflow out! I'm decatted too, so I want a louder noise but not harsh. I did have a TVR before this though so I'm probably expecting too much!

Was it expensive?

Hi Ben,

I have a V8 valance if your interested. I was thinking of doing the twin exit, but I'm going for the centre exit now. Let me know if your interested.

cheers

Dave

I went to Longlife in Hayes, after recommendations from forum members, I asked for "TVR rumble on idle and Ferrari sound at speed" maybe I was expecting too much :D

If you ask my wife...... it was £185 (if you see my credit card receipt it was £480) who needs a new dishwasher ? we have a sink !