free hit
counters
Can anyone help me with these emmision results - Engine & Ancillaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Can anyone help me with these emmision results

This is a honda super charged and cooled engine.

Engine was driven around to get cat nice and hot and has also just had a new lamba sensor due to high emission failure on MOT.

Idle

CO Level 1.32

HC 145

CO2 7.50

02 9.39

Lamba 1.66

Fast Idle 3K

CO Level 6.37

HC 143

C02 10.30

02 1.38

Lamba .87

Edited by Andrew Waite

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The o2 readings will be all over the place, that's how the sensor works. Not sure what Lambda is measuring, the Lambda sensor is the o2 sensor isn't it?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

All i know is its chucking loads of fuel in at the mo. IT STINKS!

When i put on the power i get a stutter as well.

Changed the Lamba then had it checked again still over fueling, pretty sure its a mapping issue.

Although this much fuel will probably kill the cat and the Lamba anyway..

Think i'm going to bin the super charger and get some throttle bodies for it, much simpler to look after. Ta

12k for the super charger your on.

I'm trying but all I've got so far is an old Kawasaki sports bike and a supercharger of a Honda, neither of which are much use to me and I'm currently down over £20K

Kent monthly meet is the first Tuesday of the month at the Nevill Bull, Birling

Andy, I've a guy I know at Brands who might be able to help, we should talk...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well sort of good news today got the M3 back and its sorted at last.

Had a complete re program of the ecu. Problem solved. Only took BMW 6 months to find.

Then they tell me my exhaust rear box is nuked ( not covered by warranty sir) and its a grand. Oh happy days...

Lotus is in being tested now. Probably another grand to.

Is the back box been damaged by the ECU problems? Amazing that wasn't the first thing they tried, it's free after all! :huh:

Evora NA

I know the first Main dealer said they did not have the facility to re program ecu. what a load of balls.

Hopefully going to get the rear box done for nought now because it had taken so long to sort the car out.

I just went out in it and i have to say it feels fantastic better than it ever has been. Almost like its got another 100 brake.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second that, what a car!!! :D :D :D

Evora NA

I have revised my offer to £13K - As long as I don't have to be a passenger in it with Bibs again...........ever!

Although your bid is tempting me, i would not like to upset JJ as you did make an offer for his exige first.

When i tested the tyre pressure yesterday the rears only had 15 psi in them.

I came to the conclusion that this was a weight issue the night before, or the fact that the tyre's were nearly peeled from their rims.

:P

The brand logo wasn't lined up with the valve, I was trying to help :lol:

Evora NA

Please note my offer would have been a little higher, but I noticed an unfortunate brown stain on the passenger seat whilst I was getting out (still shaking).