free hit
counters
Eclat woes - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all i hope this is the right place to start a thread like this, ive got 1978 eclat. It had a birdsnest for a wiring loom in the engine bay so have stripped it all out and re-wired as per LOTUS spec. But i just wanted to double check which way round the starter solenoid goes as there are no markings on it. I'd say from a quick shufty round with a multi meter the 2 spade connectors should be pointing up or on the upper side not the downward side (so effectively the earthed side of the solenoid connects to the starter motor and the other post is isolated to distribute 12V), please can anyone confirm this before i spend hours pulling the rest of the loom and ignition circuitry apart!!

many thanks,

Barry.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Negative ground car. Post that is insulated from the starter solenoid housing is 12V supply. The other is earth (-ve) .Small spade connector is solenoid exciter from ignition relay.

Brilliant, thanks guys. as it happened i did have it wired correctly but found a fault in the iginition circuit instead, to add to knackered starter, poor coil and missing dash console. Not to mention petrol leaking from the boot, oh happy days!!! But something tells me this will not be the last car i buy from a scrap yard!!

thanks again, Barry.

I should have also said Welcome to TLF Barry. :welcome:

Make your way over to the Introductions section and say hi there as well. (plus car pics of course)

Any other questions, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :)