free hit
counters
V6 Exige - Front Splitter Clearance - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
ChrisG

V6 Exige - Front Splitter Clearance

Hi Folks,

I have a deposit down on a V6 Exige, really looking forward to it.

Unfortunately I didn't get to drive/see the car as yet due to work commitments.

One concern I have is front ground clearance of the splitter over speed bumps. Anyone have any info on how much clearance there is? Any experience during the recent test drives?

Cheers

Chris

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I did about 50 miles on my test on varied roads around Norfolk, had no problems at all. Even had to go over a bit of a lip to park the car up for photos and it was fine :)

2012_Lotus_Exige_S-2.jpg

Thanks for the reply. From your photo I'm hoping there is the height of a number plate below the splitter - that makes sense! So, been out to the front of my house to compare the kerb height/speed bump against a spare number plate!! Looks as if it will be ok, fingers crossed.

I've done much the same and collect my new car tomorrow. I've assumed that if my 2-Eleven can get up and down the driveway then the Exige Coupe ought to too?

The angle between the bottom of the front wheel and the bottom of the splitter has a special name which I can't remember, but it's pretty good on the Exige and certainly larger than on the 2-Eleven :)

• Like 1

Sometimes wish I'd paid more attention in trigonometry lessons at school

On 19 February 2016 at 13:19, Bibs said:

The angle between the bottom of the front wheel and the bottom of the splitter has a special name which I can't remember, but it's pretty good on the Exige and certainly larger than on the 2-Eleven :)

Bibs - the special name(s) are:

Approach Angle / Ramp Breakover Angle / Departure Angle

Combined, these three figures determine wether you'll trash the front splitter (Approach), your sills and/or underside (Breakover) and finally your tail (Departure).  It follows that longer and/or lower overhangs and length of the wheelbase have an adverse effect on clearing obstacles :-)

Edited by LotusPilot
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bibs said:

:thumbsup:

Hopefully I'll be doing this when I collect the Exige on Tuesday and it gets up my drive

• Like 1