free hit
counters
Spare Wheel. At long last - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roger 912

Spare Wheel. At long last

After searching for close on 6 years for a rim to use as a spare on my red job, I eventually found, in the neighbouring town, a boat trailer that had not been used for many years with a 5 hole 14 inch rim.

I did a swap with the owner and gave and fitted a 15 inch rim off a Hyundai truck and took my prize to the tyre shop to remove a bald retread. The rim is in pretty bad condition and had a couple of small holes that had rusted through the lip. I have now taken the rim to an engineering works for sand blasting and for welding up the holes.

The rim is a 5 1/2 inch job and I have a feeling that it may have come off a very early BMW. Once collected, I will give it a primer undercoat, a couple of top coats in silver and then have a tyre fitted. I guess I will now have to start looking for some different size bolts to fit this rim to the car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad you got one close

have new one with unused tyre if anyone needs never been on or in a car , may have 2 :cheers: