free hit
counters
Electric window problem - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frank H Herfjord

Electric window problem

Sometimes my driver's side window doesn't want to be raised again after I lower it. Pushing the button has no effect. The only thing helping is to reset by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes.

Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The window position memory may be corrupt? There is a procedure to recalibrate the endpoints.

I'd try rolling the window all the way up and leave the button down for an extended period (30 seconds), and then rolling it down and doing the same. Maybe that will help. I don't know the complete logic behind the procedure but doing that occasionally resolves my problem when I change out the battery with the window down it doesn't roll up into the seams when I close the door.

Thanks for the tip, I will try that. That's nearly as odd as the procedure to access the setup menu on the Alpine and I already have to click everything twice to open or lock stuff. This car is going to give me OCD!

Nope that didn't work and actually this time I had to reset twice to get it up again.

Happens to us all eventually.

Wow this is quite a riddle!. I am ruling out battery issues since you haven't mentioned any problems starting the car.

It's gotta be either the door switch or the window motor. The third option is a bad relay but that would affect both sides so I'm ruling that one out.

Door switch - what's that?

Bad motor seems unlikely since it sometimes works just fine and it it "almost" always works for getting it up at least after resetting with the battery.