free hit
counters
front seat belt mounts rust - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Had a look at my front seat belt mounts on my 79 eclat today ,removed the sill covers to find out how bad they are and there's not much left . The drivers belt come away from it's mount when tugged on ,not easy to check your belts as the mounting plate can't be seen unless you remove the sill

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

yes, well worth looking at. The MOT tester cant see them unless he uses a prybar to bend the sill cover back, and they neverr do for fear of damaging the glassfibre. A set of stainless steel mounts from Lotus bits should see you right.

D

I am a bit confused!

I have the sill covers removed on my S2 at the moment and I dont have any steel mounting plates at all, the front seat belt bolts through the sill and is threaded its full length within the sill. It looks original and doesn't look to have been tampered with. I then looked through my parts list book and there is no sill mounting plate listed for the Elite or Eclat.

Photos please?

I have run out of picture space ,The s2 has a different sill to the s1 , mine has a plate bolted to the body its about 125 x 320 mm .

the early esprit's have the same problem

Hi Will ,

If you use photobucket or imageshack you can upload photos there and then add the link through the image icon found in the tool bar in the forum editor. This will allow you to add all the photo's you want without using up any of the forum upload space. :)

Been some time since I read this but I have the same question... My front seat belt mounts just go through the will. I was considering a metal plate with bolt to spread the load I. The event of an accident... Is the s1 arrangement 1) normal... 2) a good idea... 3) worthy of a so please improvement?

Mike, is your car an S2?