free hit
counters
Photo montage of my completed S2 project :-) - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
CharlieCroker

Photo montage of my completed S2 project :-)

Here's a link to my completed S2 project, see what you think.

http://www.mediaslice.net/LotusEspritS2/LotusEspritS2.htm

Car has had extensive work done on the body, interior and electrics along with new brake discs, pads and calipers. I've spent 18 months on the work but well worth the grazed knuckles and burnt pockets.

Enjoy the photos, all the best, Charlie ;-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Love the top picture. excellent work she looks gorgeous you must be very proud.

Well done that man. :thumbsup:

That's properly nice Charlie and a good photo montage too.

Interested in the electronic ignition - was that difficult?

Rob.

That's properly nice Charlie and a good photo montage too.

Interested in the electronic ignition - was that difficult?

Rob.

Double easy my friend, you buy a complete new distributor (www.simonbbc.com) with the electronic gubbings inside, or you just buy the gubbings and replace your points.

Those gold speedlines absolutely complement the cars blue color.

Very nice indeed.

Those gold speedlines absolutely complement the cars blue color.

Very nice indeed.

Cheers guys, you don't know what a big decision it was to go gold on the wheels, but I think it definitely works now. Thanks again.

That's all looking ab fab......

....except the last photo that you've flipped cos it looks all wrong with the exhaust on the wrong side :2guns:

Proper job! :clap:

Well done Charlie, great job. Fab to see another S2 looking so good. Looks like I'll need to think about a respray to try and keep up!

Pete

That's looks stunning . . . I mean really stunning! That's one of the nicest Esprit's I've seen. I love the black black valance, just how the car left the factory That is the perfect Esprit.

Pete, your's is now second best I'm afraid.

Cheers guys, much appreciated the kind comments, makes all the hard work worth while. If anyone knows of any up and coming shows in the Midlands I would love to show it? Thanks again, Charlie.

That's looks stunning . . . I mean really stunning! That's one of the nicest Esprit's I've seen. I love the black black valance, just how the car left the factory That is the perfect Esprit.

Blimey, stunning comments, thank you very much, so kind.

Nooooooooo! :no

That looks just fab - a reminder as if I needed any as to why I fell in love with the Esprit all those years ago.

Pete...just give yours a polish!

Cheers guys, lets remember though it's not a competition, we all deserve a pat on the back for keeping these cars on the road. I drove this car for over a year while it looked shite it's only in the last few months that it's starting to achieve the vision that I had for it. Well done to anyone who even attempts to look after one of these cars, they are hard work and cost a pretty penny to keep alive ;-)

your car looks stunning, its great to see another Esprit finished . Your right about the pretty penny but its all worth it and i couldnt think of anything id rather spend my money on? well maybe a holiday! paul

wowsers! lovely lovely car! more piccys please.

These cars really are a labour of love, trying on patience and certainly the wallet! but when they look this good and are running on song theyr bloody hard to beat!

wowsers! lovely lovely car! more piccys please.

These cars really are a labour of love, trying on patience and certainly the wallet! but when they look this good and are running on song theyr bloody hard to beat!

You know, I must have done each and every job on this car twice maybe three times to get it right, pulled my hair out, swore at it, threatened to sell it, throw tools in anger across the garage floor, bashed my head on it. BUT when the sun is out, sunglasses on, country road, music blaring, racing through the gears, carbs sucking on the air, the unmistakable exhaust note sometimes makes me feel like I'm Emerson Fittipaldi blasting around Monaco, priceless ;-)

Whereabouts in the Midlands are you Charlie? Would love to see that car to kick-start my enthusiasm for doing something to mine!

Normally find me blasting the country lanes between Lichfield, Stafford, Stone and Newcastle ;-)

You know, I must have done each and every job on this car twice maybe three times to get it right, pulled my hair out, swore at it, threatened to sell it, throw tools in anger across the garage floor, bashed my head on it. BUT when the sun is out, sunglasses on, country road, music blaring, racing through the gears, carbs sucking on the air, the unmistakable exhaust note sometimes makes me feel like I'm Emerson Fittipaldi blasting around Monaco, priceless ;-)

<<<<< This is what its all about...

Neil stop procrastinating on this here forum and get your car out! :harhar:

Hi Charlie,

What exhaust system do you have on your s2? I saw the ANSA sticker on your exhaust tips