free hit
counters
V8 secondary injectors ? - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MartinL

V8 secondary injectors ?

I need a pair of secondary injectors and Lotus are no longer able to supply (surprise, surprise)

anyone know what they are from/interchangable with please ........or anyone able to supply ??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have you tried Pete @ PNM? You get a discount to if you a full form member :)

the partsnumber was in the 'reference' discussions out here .. and one time in the V8 rebuild discussions too

but anyway, *new old stock* is still available (as it looks like):

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Genuine-A918E6016F-Lotus-esprit-Secondary-Injector-96-2004-/170767683769?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c28c10b9

Thanx. Gunter, I am waiting for new O rings to try first, if the problem persists then I will need to replace injectors.

why do you know that there is a problem with your secondaries ..? is there a definite fuel-leak into the plenum chamber ..? or is it based just on the feeling of having fuel remaints in the plenum chamber even if the engine is not running, or some rough running on idle ..or what kind of problem?

You could also undo the plenum, fit a fuel hose with pump on the two ports and set it under pressure ..with some type of endoscope or miniature mirror there should be something to see, where it drips ..to verify if it is only a leaking O-ring on the pleum itself, or an non closed 'valve' in the injector body

Hi Gunter, thanx for your help, I have a hot start problem, I have read all the posts I can find and have no definate answer to the problem, the crank sensor is a new replacement, I have changed corroded earth leads, I have tried cooling the cam position sensor, all making no difference............when hot engine will start, if I "catch it" and hold at 2k + for 30seconds+ then move off but engine will not idle untill run for 2-3minutes driving, once temperature drops below 90 no problems, fuel stops are the big problem!

posts on here seem to indicate leaking secondary injectors, I thought it worth trying new O rings before replacing injectors as I do not have the equipment needed for your tests. thanx. Martin

Got to sort this as it is really a pain in the a..... !

have you monitored (by a simple 'bypassing adapter' -or via the shrader valve on the RH fuel rail) the fuel-pressure under those conditions ?

if you 'override' the fuelpump relais, so that both pumps run steady ..can you restart the engine with this steady pressure/fuel-flow there in the rail ?

..as if it does not hold up the pressure in the system the fuel on the hot engine would in some kind 'boil' ..or the injectors would not have a spray-pattern within specification

Hi Martin,

It's not necessarily an injector problem. I had a very similar problem which turn out to be the ECU. There were dry joints which powered the IAC valve when warm. Once the engine warmed up, it would start easily enough but wouldn't hold idle.

I think to temporarily get over the problem, if I had the air con on it helped. The reason for this is the slightly higher revs the ECU gives the engine. Also to rule this out, you could try disconnecting your IAC valve?

You mention the temperature related thing, mine did the same, I think the closed/ open loop has something to do with it.

I went down the exact same route as you, changed the earth straps, crank sensor, cam sensors, O rings, various vacuum hoses until I tried another ECU. Problem went straight away.

I think you need to do a few simple test to avoid spending lots of money. If you fancy a trip over to mine then I don't mind taking my ECU and trying it on your car. If it turns out to be this then my mate in Manchester repairs ECU's and can fix yours.

Regards,

David Walters

Hi Martin,

Here's my thread dating back to 2008. It took a while to find. It's not the same problem as yours but there are some similarities. It's worth considering all options.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/19620-car-wont-idle-when-warm/page__hl__%2Biac+%2Bvalve

Send me an email or PM and I'll give you my phone number to have a chat.

I might be able to locate someone a bit closer to home who's willing to lend you their ECU.

Regards,

David Walters

Hi David, kind of you to offer your help. I still have a few things to check/test but will be in touch shortly if I dont solve the problem. I think i still have your no.