free hit
counters
Vehicle: Lotus Esprit S4 (1994) - Members Cars - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
rizla603104

Vehicle: Lotus Esprit S4 (1994)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I have only ever seen photos of one other in the USA.

So this week, I have been concentrating on the "quick wins". There were some issues with missing and disconnected bulbs. There was no courtesy light in the bulb holder, and one of the puddle lights had stopped working. Also the lights in the boot were non-functioning. I took out the courtesy light and found there was no bulb. I replaced it and voila - let there be light! I also checked on the passenger door and found that it was not working. I took out the switch on the door, but found the connector that Lotus has ingeniously installed did not fit through the hole. Therefore after a lot of gaffing, I undid the door light and fished it through after spraying with WD40 and cleaning up. The bulb was also blown too - so replaced with a new bulb and - another success. My quickest win was reconnecting the boot switch to the cables to find two working lights in the boot!

I had been told by the previous owner that there was a "loud relay" behind the drivers side. On further investigation, I found that it was the speaker - apparently grounding out on the metal sheeting installed between the carpet and bulkhead. Having isolated the screws, I found that the rear speaker started working and that the buzzing noise had stopped!

Love it. I think there were 2 or 3 Palacio purple UK cars, probably similar in number to that other rare but lovely S4 colour Medina Green (both more often found on Elan M100s). No idea on ROW production.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

I have only ever seen photos of one other in the USA.

So this week, I have been concentrating on the "quick wins". There were some issues with missing and disconnected bulbs. There was no courtesy light in the bulb holder, and one of the puddle lights had stopped working. Also the lights in the boot were non-functioning. I took out the courtesy light and found there was no bulb. I replaced it and voila - let there be light! I also checked on the passenger door and found that it was not working. I took out the switch on the door, but found the connector that Lotus has ingeniously installed did not fit through the hole. Therefore after a lot of gaffing, I undid the door light and fished it through after spraying with WD40 and cleaning up. The bulb was also blown too - so replaced with a new bulb and - another success. My quickest win was reconnecting the boot switch to the cables to find two working lights in the boot!

I had been told by the previous owner that there was a "loud relay" behind the drivers side. On further investigation, I found that it was the speaker - apparently grounding out on the metal sheeting installed between the carpet and bulkhead. Having isolated the screws, I found that the rear speaker started working and that the buzzing noise had stopped!

all minor things then considering it is an esprit

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Love it. I think there were 2 or 3 Palacio purple UK cars, probably similar in number to that other rare but lovely S4 colour Medina Green (both more often found on Elan M100s). No idea on ROW production.

THanks Mark. I must admit - I wasn't struck on the colour at first, but it has grown on me. I love the rarity - and when it is waxed and polished - it looks ace!

all minor things then considering it is an esprit

That is a good point - it is generally a good car. There are a couple of other more significant issues, but they will keep. One is the air-con doesn't work. The other a weeping shock. I've just had my personalised number plats put on - great to have them on the car I always wanted!!

Edited by rizla603104

Congrats, how lovely is that car? Who needs air conditioning anyway, you should be driving that girl with windows down. The shock I would get fixed, though :)

Again, congratulations. I hope to join you someday, but I was informed by the better half that my money is going into a vacation home first...happy wife, happy life and all that.

Maybe next year :(