free hit
counters
Insurance... - Lotus Insurance - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Insurance...

Just been going through my policy and can't believe how much it's gone up over the years for no reason... perhaps it's time to look around!

Any recommendations?

Ta.

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mutley00

I use Hagerty - both Elises & the S4S for about £400 with agreed values on all of them. Mileage restricted to 1000 on each & I'm the wrong side of 50, but I think its very reasonable.

Edited by Mutley00

I was shocked by my renewal. Shocked that it didn't go up massively.

I'm over 40, but had a minor collision (still to be settled, I hope it goes against the other driver but could be 50/50), have 4 classic Lotus cars on the policy, lots of mods on the TE and still not much over the £400 mark which is where it's been with 4 cars for as long as I can recall.

I've just been re-doing all my car insurances, so far through go compare I have saved £280 on my van insurance with full EU cover and loads more extra's. Saved £150 on my A610's insurance again with EU cover and loads of extra's I've just insured the Esprit through Footman James and wish now I'd checked it out through go compare. It does pay to shop around I found go compare far less intrusive than some of the others advertised.

Edited by B1 RMA

LV ( who don t do the comparison sites) have always been less than than CTM.com and other internet comparison sites. Needless to say they wouldn't insure the Aston. Good value on the other cars though!

I have to ask myself - 'do I feel lucky'?

David, you'd have got 10% off your Footman James policy as a full forum member! We've 7 insurance companies who offer discounts to members!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Would they give that just on a membership number over the phone? I've been with FJ for years and supposedly got a 10% through Club Lotus, when I asked about it way back they said they couldn't give that on my policy.... obviously being a member of CL and driving a Lotus didn't make me eligible!

Currently having an illicit affair with another marque, be back in the fold one day... B-)

Should be just fine. Any problems, let me know and I'll speak to them.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/10768-footman-james/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

David, you'd have got 10% off your Footman James policy as a full forum member! We've 7 insurance companies who offer discounts to members!

Yes I did get the discount through Club Lotus does that qualify me for a further discount with TLF? as I mentioned I saved a fairly significant sum of money and got all the extras, lets face it you are a mug if you consider loyalty above shopping around after all they are insurance companies.

Thanks for the suggestions... I've been with Footman James for years and despite the fact they've increased my premium every year for no apparent reason, they're surprisingly competitive on the quote for a change of car. However....

I asked them about the LFS discount and they told me it's only available to new accounts, so essentially I'm being penalised for my loyalty. Nice touch. :censored:

LFS? Try the others all the same, it's only a phone call :)

Evora NA

TLF.... sorry it's getting late! But the :censored: ers still wouldn't give me 10% off!!!

I've shopped around a bit and FJ are pretty much in the ballpark, although it depends on how quickly I need things to moving. :smoke:

Edited by Stirling_Villeneuve

Will they not give you a discount if you cancel your policy and become a new customer again?

Evora NA