free hit
counters
Anyone belong to this car club then - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Anyone belong to this car club then

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagine the outcry if you had a sign that read "Heterosexual Classic Car Club". You'd be accused of something for sure.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Quick Google and it seems there a Lotus/Caterham, a mix of mainly British cars (SD1, Allegro , MGB etc) and others (Saab, Porsche etc). So a fair mix of cars as you'd expect in most non-model non-brand specific clubs.

http://www.gccg.org.uk/

I wonder if there are any little Imps in the club..?

This book is guaranteed to NOT change your life…but it does mention a Lotus Esprit...

To enjoy this masterpiece, download Martin now. Simples!!!

Oh my god, they let gay people like classic cars nowadays?!? Imagine the audacity of someone starting a club full of gay people to enjoy classic cars with out childish remarks about Boxters and imps... then allow straight people to join the club in sort of all accepting non-prejudice way... wont somebody think of the children!

I would say Boxsters and TT's but they're hardly classics! :sofa:

Nothing wrong with Boxsters I've been giving serious consideration to a 3.4 S with PASM its a bit like a bigger more comfortable Elise as far as my driving impressions go and a big bonus a spirited ride doesn't make me want to throw up as it does in the Elise.

Nothing wrong with Boxsters I've been giving serious consideration to a 3.4 S with PASM its a bit like a bigger more comfortable Elise as far as my driving impressions go and a big bonus a spirited ride doesn't make me want to throw up as it does in the Elise.

If you feel sick while driving your Elise hard, then possibly you are doing the right thing; getting a Boxster that is, don't you drive your V8 hard?

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own a true British supercar the Evora GT430

I don't actually own an Elise or Exige but have driven both quite a lot. It's the 'jiggling' that makes me feel sick and after doing a couple of laps of Castle Coombe as a passenger in an Elise I seriously had to lie flat on one of the tables because I thought I was going to die. Don't get me wrong both are superb comunicative cars that feel like they are in touch in every way with the road. The Esprit is a much more compliant ride and the only thing I get from driving that is sweaty palms and aching cheeks from grinning.