free hit
counters
Pistachio lime green Elite? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Pistachio lime green Elite?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

there was a similar Excel in Kawasaki green

CIMG0033.jpg

Sadly the car doesn´t exist anymore (front ended :( )

I think it is a cool colour.  A friend has a krypton Exige... it looks beautiful... also with a shade of yellow and green.

The Excel has had also smoked backlights, which looked very good, although not much cars are looking good with that kind of Audi-Coupé/Volvo 480 lookalike.

I hope your car is soon on the tarmac back again! :)

• 3 months later...

Hard to get a picture of it in the garage but here sat on the fridge freezer I can just see it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A massive well done and all respect to you. These cars can be so frustrating to get running properly it's fantastic you stuck with it.

In the fullness of time, when you recover financially :help: , get the wheels properly refurbed; I recon a sparkling diamond cut will be the perfect foil to the other shiny bits and really set the colour off.

In the garage no-one can hear you scream 

A massive well done and all respect to you. These cars can be so frustrating to get running properly it's fantastic you stuck with it.

In the fullness of time, when you recover financially :help: , get the wheels properly refurbed; I recon a sparkling diamond cut will be the perfect foil to the other shiny bits and really set the colour off.

A word of warning on diamond cut. I had refurbished speedlines with diamond cut rims fitted to my Elite by Lotusbits just over a year ago. Despite the fact it has been at Lotusbits since then, apart from a couple of weekends out recently, the alloy is already corroding beneath the lacquer on a couple of wheels, and the refurbishers apparently only give 3 months warranty on this finish.

ATB Richard

Yes the wheels do let it down a bit at the moment but they have been the least of my problems, still a few bits to do, cut the paint back, clean and finish fitting the interior trim, stop the wiper motor clicking, get the windows to go up as well as down!, etc etc...

A Lotus is for life.....like a prison sentence for murder!

Looks stunning, best of luck with the MOT. 

Regarding the wheels, i used Brillo soap pads on mine, came up a treat (obviously still pitted if you look really close though), went over them with Peek metal polish but didn't notice much difference TBH.

Have been using Brillo pads on old MTB frames for years, only works if the alloy isn't laquered though.   

:thumbsup: IT PAST!!!!!

I cant quite believe it, this has to be one of my longest running projects ever!

Still lots of bits and bobs to do but bearing in mind it was a total wreck that had to be dragged onto the trailer with just about every Elite problem going, not too bad.