free hit
counters
All geared up and nowhere to go - Gearchange/Gearbox/Clutch - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

All geared up and nowhere to go

Got a lovely early start to work today - 0620 departure in the Esprit in gorgeous weather. About 5 miles from home, gearchange felt a bit soupy. At 15 miles I only had 3rd left, so it was mission abort and a long, careful drive home before any traffic buildup. Feels like translator.

I'm quite excited actually - not often I work on my car!

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Melted your cables eh? :P

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Tell me about it mate!

It was a failed translator rose joint. I found a brand new one in stock - didn't even know I had one! Took the opportunity to adjust things a bit (been meaning to for ages) - nice gearchange now.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

I just took a look...I think someone has stolen it ;)

1982 DeLorean DMC 12 #16327, 1999 Lotus Elise, 1998 Lotus Esprit GT3 #2272, 2011 Lotus Evora S, 2013 Lotus Exige S,2016 Lotus Evora 400

Hey Kim. Ah, yes. Must see those cars again! Replaced that tank yet?

@Bazza - good one! :D

I've used my Esprit twice a week all summer leaving at 06.20. The carbs love the cool air.

I have to say it's been faultless- when people ask who my mechanic for it is I simply say,

"Sparky. He also rebuilt Concorde..."

Concorde's easy! It's dodgy-running SEs that make my brain hurt...

I'd say it's a warranty issue. Have you asked the seller for his comments? Bet he's thinking up some choice replies if he has read this post,

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

I did think of asking the PO, but his middle name is Teflon and his eyes are way too close together for my liking.

What kind of choice comments d'ya think he'd make, Trev?

I know what you mean about him, slippery character apparently. Suspect he may quote the age old "what, you mean you've driven it?" reply. Could also go down the "no problem sir, may I see your receipt and warranty papers" road.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.