free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 33 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Exige picture & video thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big-wing buddies.     and before he says anything......  

Sunrise this morning

Today I collected my new Lotus Exige Sport 350 in Vivid Green in Mendig from KomoTec - unsuprising I'am still overwhelmed and just totally happy 😀 Beside the cool colour above all I'am exited abo

Posted Images

That looks lush, very nice! Their trim shop is excellent isn't it! :thumbup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Top cat said:

Loving that Neil.  :wub:

Were you not tempted to go straight across the front of the dash with the new trim, covering the air vents as well. 

It's a tough call.My main goal was to break up all the plastic across the dash so I started out with the airbag cover (inspired by the Cup cars). I then decided to add the instrument cover and leave it at that. It would be relatively easy to add additional parts in the future, but I'm really happy with how it's turned out. I considered getting the steering wheel covered as well, but it was disproportionately expensive to do, and I'd be concerned that it would become grubby very quickly unless I wore gloves all the time!

Hi Neal,

looks great!!! Very close to what I am thinking of doing with mine as well ... could you give me an idea how much the dash and the airbag cover were? 

Also: key for me - how much weight do you think those two added? ;-)

Has anybody done this in Germany and experience with a good manufacturer? I am very concerned about the quality of the job as its very easy to get air bubbles under heat influence later, if it is not done well...

13 minutes ago, NW76 said:

Hi Neal,

looks great!!! Very close to what I am thinking of doing with mine as well ... could you give me an idea how much the dash and the airbag cover were? 

Also: key for me - how much weight do you think those two added? ;-)

Has anybody done this in Germany and experience with a good manufacturer? I am very concerned about the quality of the job as its very easy to get air bubbles under heat influence later, if it is not done well...

Hi Norbert,

This link gives you a good idea of their prices, you can pick the parts you are thinking of doing and add it all up for a good ball-park cost. Adding logos costs extra, and if you want a custom logo you have to pay for the artwork, but it isn't an outrageous cost. I agree that quality is critical and I had heard good things about Allon White, which was why I used them. I think they are the only Lotus factory approved trim shop in the UK. They are a Morgan dealer as well, so they do complete restorations and the trim guys are ex-Aston Martin.

https://allonwhite.co.uk/data/upload/files/Lotus%20trim%20prices%20-%20Sept%202015.pdf

Regarding weight, I'm a skinny bugger (under 65 kilos) so my car/driver weight combination starts with a good 20 kilo weight advantage over most ;)

1 hour ago, quantum2000 said:

Cleaned mine today!

IMAG1167.jpg.2cc76f3d3af45edf43edbab1e4c

New performance mod added 

IMAG1158.jpg.c82501be834ffab952d234db2ff

Impressive rear end end and what a knob! Nuff said. :lol:

I see you didn't opt for a radio judging by the blanking plate.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I saw your car in the showroom the other day - looks great in red!

On 24 February 2016 at 18:25, ROJ said:

Impressive rear end end and what a knob! Nuff said. :lol:

I see you didn't opt for a radio judging by the blanking plate.

Lotus should fit these as standard...

55 minutes ago, Alex L said:

Here's my new toy that I collected from Lotus Silverstone on Tuesday. My second purchase from Aimee in 11 months

IMG_2114_zps5a1a42qr.jpg

Looks great ;-) ... congratulations! how does it compare to your C63 AMG though? 

They're completely different animals, the C63 (estate) has so much torque and would be great with a manual gearbox but then it'd be useless as a daily driver.

The C63 is actually the other half's car and she commutes 75 miles a day in it, my daily ride is an F30 3 series. Both cars run 265 section rear tyres and I can't help but think the Merc needs much wider to cope with the power delivery.

The best thing about the Mercedes is that it's stealthy, it's rarely cleaned, has been debaged and is in silver so most people have no idea that it's anything more than a C220d. The Exige however is a little more shouty in appearance.

You've got it! That looks fantastic, Bruce. Had much of a chance to drive it? If I recall correctly, yours is a manual, right?

• Bibs changed the title to Exige picture & video thread