free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 35 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content


Exige picture & video thread


Recommended Posts


Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big-wing buddies.     and before he says anything......  

Sunrise this morning

Today I collected my new Lotus Exige Sport 350 in Vivid Green in Mendig from KomoTec - unsuprising I'am still overwhelmed and just totally happy 😀 Beside the cool colour above all I'am exited abo

Posted Images

Looks fantastic Imran.

I'm tempted by Castle Combe as it's reasonably local and I've never been round it. What are your impressions?

BTW - you got mail (or at least should have...:pizza:)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Impossible to say from the pics Imran, I have no idea how hard you were cornering when the photos were taken. If the car feels like it could go firmer for that particular track give it a few clicks and see how it feels. A bit of body roll is not necessarily a bad thing either. What matters more is the car looks $1m! Canards really suit it.

:thumbup:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, D.no said:

Looks fantastic Imran.

I'm tempted by Castle Combe as it's reasonably local and I've never been round it. What are your impressions?

BTW - you got mail (or at least should have...:pizza:)

Just got your mail (after a little confusion on my part) and responded :)

Castle Combe is a great little circuit, really good fun and actually quite technical in some places. Im thinking of popping back over there on the 11th April if you're interested.

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Impossible to say from the pics Imran, I have no idea how hard you were cornering when the photos were taken. If the car feels like it could go firmer for that particular track give it a few clicks and see how it feels. A bit of body roll is not necessarily a bad thing either. What matters more is the car looks $1m! Canards really suit it.

:thumbup:

Thanks Pits. Must admit it is one downfall of the 1-way nitrons, easy remote access to adjustment, with my setup (notably due to the custom dampner size) I have to remove the rear wheel to get access to the adjustment which is fine to setup on arrival from road to track setup but a pain in the arse to play with for continual adjustment through the day :(

www.alias23.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahh, sorry, in that case they look just fine! ;)

Hopefully I'll get to follow your car on track before long and we can compare it to the Cup set up.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks great, can't really comment on the setup as everyone knows I have no idea what I am doing :)

You still not up for Rockingham next monday? Or better still, how about Spa on Saturday - obviously you'd have to drive ;)

Lotus Register - https://www.lotusregister.com

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LF1 said:

Looks great, can't really comment on the setup as everyone knows I have no idea what I am doing :)

You still not up for Rockingham next monday? Or better still, how about Spa on Saturday - obviously you'd have to drive ;)

Sorry bud but having to back out of Rockingham... Looking at Combe on the 11th April, then Bedford 25th April... Also keen to try out Donnington some time soon. Just need to get this bloody trailer test sorted!

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

Ahh, sorry, in that case they look just fine! ;)

Hopefully I'll get to follow your car on track before long and we can compare it to the Cup set up.

Yeah really hope we can all get out together soon! Although I'm not too keen on seeing @Arun_D I really don't want to see his car... :P

  • Like 1

www.alias23.com

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, Ray here (from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)! I collected my Matt Black Exige CR (MT) from Lotus Cars Malaysia last month and have been enjoying it ever since. I have learnt a great deal about the car from here (before and after purchase) and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge & experiences.

The Exige has been an awesome daily driver (surprisingly practical!) and I have done a couple of minor mods so far (black lug nuts, soft top conversion, black oil filler cap surround, HID). Looking to install the 2bular backbox after seeing a few videos of Chris's yellow Exige.
 

lotus1.jpg.d98a99fa6cdb3bd092a11bf395bab

Pardon the low-res photo - will try to share a few nicer ones when I get around to it!

Edited by Ray32
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

:wub:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ray32 said:

Hi guys, Ray here (from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)! I collected my Matt Black Exige CR (MT) from Lotus Cars Malaysia last month and have been enjoying it ever since. I have learnt a great deal about the car from here (before and after purchase) and I would like to thank everyone for sharing their knowledge & experiences.

The Exige has been an awesome daily driver (surprisingly practical!) and I have done a couple of minor mods so far (black lug nuts, soft top conversion, black oil filler cap surround, HID). Looking to install the 2bular backbox after seeing a few videos of Chris's yellow Exige.
 

lotus1.jpg.d98a99fa6cdb3bd092a11bf395bab

Pardon the low-res photo - will try to share a few nicer ones when I get around to it!

 

Welcome Ray!

Your real name wouldn't happen to be Bruce Wayne would it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, D.no said:

 

Welcome Ray!

Your real name wouldn't happen to be Bruce Wayne would it?

Unfortunately, no. I highly doubt Bruce Wayne would drive a Lotus... the sills don't allow any sort of cool or graceful entries/exits. :P

8 hours ago, NW76 said:

Looks great - superbe color choice! Welcome to the matte black CR owners club ;-) 

Thank you, Norbert!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, alias23 said:

What HID kit did you use @Ray32 

Hi Imran, it was installed by another forumer, Chris, who's well-versed on Lotus cars (from Malaysia as well) who had previously installed it on his Motorsport Green Exige S. The bulbs are 6k in terms of their light temps, that's all I know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2016 at 05:09, NW76 said:

Looks great - even on a trailer ;-) Are you going to track it?

Yes, definitely! Am looking to make time to hit the track. Would definitely want to explore the limits and see what the car is capable of :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pulling some G's in the CupR ….. 1.5G's to be exact. :)  

 

 

 

1.5 G-V6.png

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Bibs changed the title to Exige picture & video thread

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...