free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 46 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige picture & video thread

38 minutes ago, MartynB said:

It's just the angle of the rear photo, there is one angle from which the curved wing looks straight. From the side it looks totally stock. Black uprights though, either painted or anodised

Agree standard rear wing. The uprights are easy to remove and get powder coated £20-30 job.

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big-wing buddies.     and before he says anything......  

Sunrise this morning

Posted Images

Difficult to tell, if anything I'd have thought the shifts were too slow for the R type box. Seemed more in line with the software on the Evora IPS.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Very impressive if it is the IPS, sounds much faster shifting both up and down than I remember. I suppose it's overwhelmingly more likely to be the IPS box. I can't imagine someone's gone to the expense of fitting an Xtrac to a Sport 350. Not sure how big of a deal the Targa Tasmania is, sure looks like a lot of fun, but I guess if you were throwing £25k at a gearbox you'd find the money for the CupR aero kit too.

Very impressive! Sounds like they have done some work on the software for the Sport 350 cars. 

As long as the manual is an option I'm going to tick it but for those who like their paddles, who needs the extra cost and weight of a DCT box?

On 20/01/2017 at 11:50, The Pits said:

As long as the manual is an option I'm going to tick it but for those who like their paddles, who needs the extra cost and weight of a DCT box?

+1 I heard a journalist (can't remember who) who said exactly that ! He said that he thought that DCT boxes were just a transition, if auto gearboxes keep improving...

May I recall that the auto gearbox on the Exige is only 6 kgs heavier than the manual (lotus source) ? And no costly clutch replacement... I just hope Lotus will shift :P to newer Aisin auto gearbox  (AT8) when renewing the engine as well, for new EU Regulations !

That is true. Guidance was involved.

I wanted carpets and mats, but still have the tread plates visible. Partly due to being used to having the grip-taped cross-members there in the Caterham, with its lowered floors. It's nice to have something to aim for with my feet as I fold my 6'3" into the driver's seat.

At a guess, Mooney Mooney to Tuggerah? I see you're adhering to NSW's draconian speed limits?

How does the air on hold up with +40's ?

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Haha. Perfect guess!! Good to know other Sydney siders  here.

We have CBs. Always have someone out front few kms, to make sure no oncoming traffic among other things. The aircon shut down in the lotus so you could imagine how the owner felt on that day. Topped I think 43 degC. The aircon will be one thing I'll be speaking to Lotus about. No issues with the other cars.

• Bibs changed the title to Exige picture & video thread