free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 49 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige picture & video thread

13 hours ago, Jack said:

@NW76-Norbert, what oil temps are you seeing?  I believe that you are logging that as well, correct?

Also, what viscosity oil are you using?

Jack - are you running a gearbox cooler? I have just had one fitted to my Cup. Perhaps we need to start a new thread??

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big-wing buddies.     and before he says anything......  

Sunrise this morning

Today I collected my new Lotus Exige Sport 350 in Vivid Green in Mendig from KomoTec - unsuprising I'am still overwhelmed and just totally happy 😀 Beside the cool colour above all I'am exited abo

Posted Images

11 hours ago, alias23 said:

Back to business.... This looks pretty raw!

17546999_1430184763669321_7634193478295034645_o.thumb.jpg.255c957b7e85ae4a537cff67722d5d4c.jpg

hmmm now that does look good. I fear the exige may get treated to that rear wing next year.

2 hours ago, Steve Banks said:

I would go with Komotec's wing. Much nicer :)

The mounts on the Eltech aren't the most pretty, they're definitely more function over form. The Komotec definitely has the nicer mounts. However you're looking at close to double the cost.

www.alias23.com

5 hours ago, Steve Banks said:

I would go with Komotec's wing. Much nicer :)

I do prefer the shape of the komotec wing but its too short. The eltech is completely custom made so its fairly easy to have them make different mounts to your own design and get the right cord and length.

1 hour ago, Crouchy said:

I do prefer the shape of the komotec wing but its too short. The eltech is completely custom made so its fairly easy to have them make different mounts to your own design and get the right cord and length.

Interesting... I prefer the straighter profile to the shape of the Komotec (it reminds me too much of an APR wing). True, eltech can make to what ever length you wish but if you're mounting to the rear hatch I personally wouldn't go wider than 1350mm...

www.alias23.com

Trying a new treatment on the roof/roll hoop …… minimize the carbon fiber. ;)   

I did it especially for @French Frie   :D

front-new copy.jpg

front-side-new copy.jpg

rear-side-new copy.jpg

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

5 hours ago, alias23 said:

Interesting... I prefer the straighter profile to the shape of the Komotec (it reminds me too much of an APR wing). True, eltech can make to what ever length you wish but if you're mounting to the rear hatch I personally wouldn't go wider than 1350mm...

You're right the Komotec is reminiscent of an APR or modern BGW style.

Surely if you run a shallow angle of attack on a larger wing you can tune the down force to match that of a smaller wing with a higher angle of attack? That way I can have the slightly increased rear down force but also aesthetics that appeal to me. I could be wrong though as i know next to nothing about aero.

I know this is an old thread, but what "orange" is this car?

thanks

Mark

18722798396_2e85afd80b_b.jpg

Edited by Mark030358
On 04/04/2017 at 15:52, Gashead1105 said:

Finance is up in a few weeks. Am paying it off and keeping it, still love it and it would break my heart to see anyone else driving off in it! 

Where has the time gone? One more year and I can fit some harnesses...

Exige Sprint looks great Will!  Good to know you're planning to keep the car too.  Have you got to wait for the warranty period to pass before fitting harnesses?

4 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

I know this is an old thread, but what "orange" is this car?

thanks

Mark

18722798396_2e85afd80b_b.jpg

That is Signature Orange....Also known as Spacehopper Orange round this parts, eh @ROJ?!

• Like 1

Cheers Arun, that's the new colour for me then. let's hope I don't get one that needs a clutch again after 200 miles ?

7 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Today I had my first minutes of tracktime with the Lotus Exige 380 sport.

There is still some "room" for improvement as I had only a few laps alone and had to adept to the new Aero and Michelin tyres. 

I saw a predicable laptime during one of my laps which is the new goal, and I am gonna reach that :)

First data:

fastest laps.jpg

Jokke: tell us more - how does the 380 compare against your previous one? I assume aero and tires are a step up? Engine?

@M4rk. Thanks! Yes, going to wait for the warranty to expire before fitting harnesses, especially as my drivers seat seems to have developed a bit of movement recently. I also want to put a baffled sump on. 

Although every pound I don't spend on the Exige is a pound that goes towards adding an Evora to the garage (keeping the exige!)

• Bibs changed the title to Exige picture & video thread