free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 51 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Exige picture & video thread

I don't think it's fair to judge all 380's based on one car. Rev limit definitely looks lower than the car I drove which at least made 6800rpm into a soft cutout meaning it won't cost you time. Hope you car can be improved, please keep us posted with how you get on.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Big-wing buddies.     and before he says anything......  

Sunrise this morning

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jokke Vlo said:

Then I have no more warranty, so that's not the goal....... I am curious what Lotus has to say on this "issue" or "discovery"

I always thought my warranty is pretty much gone anyway as soon as I drive the car on track regularly? Does anybody know anything about that?

1 hour ago, NW76 said:

I always thought my warranty is pretty much gone anyway as soon as I drive the car on track regularly? Does anybody know anything about that?

Read note 6 from the Evora service notes: 

IMG_7493.JPG.5966b4a9aaa5f6188b3f59adccbcdfe1.JPG

I imagine that there is the same clause in the Exige notes. 

14 minutes ago, NW76 said:

There is - exactly the same. So a trackday (timing not allowed) would not be an issue as long as it is not timed?!?

Yep. Unless maybe, say, an owner repeatedly states on an internet forum that he times each and every run on track... ;)

@Jokke Vlo--Something seems wrong about that 6500 rpm limit??

Nonetheless, your driving is GREAT!  

Thanks for sharing.

Jack
2008 2-Eleven
2015 Exige V6 CupR
Track videos ... http://www.youtube.com/jackcup
2010 Lotus Challenge Series ULTRA Class champion
2012 Lotus CUP USA OPEN Class champion

@MartynB, amazing shot, stunning! 

Mind if I share it on the TLF facebook page?

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@Jokke Vlo can you maybe open a new thread on this? I'm pretty interested on what Lotus says about this and I'm struggeling at the moment either to buy a 380 or to upgrade to Ex430 with KT. So these are really useful facts for me.

1 hour ago, MartynB said:

Right, let's see if we can get this a bit more on topic. One from Friday evening...

Q59B2547.thumb.jpg.d73a9c090a606e8fd6ea88b111da60bc.jpg

That is a great shot! Which color is that, it looks awesome in this light?

2 hours ago, Bibs said:

@MartynB, amazing shot, stunning! 

Mind if I share it on the TLF facebook page?

No problem, @Bibs. Attribs please

There will be many more pics, as I try to capture the depth of the paintwork.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Exige orange said:

@Jokke Vlo can you maybe open a new thread on this? I'm pretty interested on what Lotus says about this and I'm struggeling at the moment either to buy a 380 or to upgrade to Ex430 with KT. So these are really useful facts for me.

That is a great shot! Which color is that, it looks awesome in this light?

We can discuss this further in the Lotus exige 380 topic

Cheers George. I really appreciate that.

I have to say a brace of Renault Tricoats could be an interesting setup. Let's see if we can make that happen at some point.

@win911 WOW!!! :respect:The fastest lap in a street legal Exige I have ever seen in Spa!!!

This is 911 GT3 RS territory now ... especially if you can really get to a 2:39 next time. I have seen a couple of Porsche Clubsport Racers there last time in there 991 GT3 RS (Clubsport) and the best one did a 2:379 on street legal tires...

How much do you think the new Aero contributes? And how does it look like?!?

Cheers

Norbert

• Like 1

Thx a lot Norbert...the Aero Parts a big Step forward. Especially in the fast Corners like Eau Rouge and Blanchimont the Car feels planted to the Ground. The only Thing is that you have to reach the Speed to make the Aero Parts work. In the first Laps i was a bit to cautios and the Car feels like I know it before. So Flat OUT is the right Way ;-) The Temperatures are very cold at this Day ...only 6 Degrees and it was not possible to bring some Heat in the Tires. I think it is possible to get a 2.39min. this Summer.

I will try different Tires cause I´m not totally happy with the Trofeo...The Griplevel is perfect but the Turn In Precesion is better with the Cup2. A Tire with the Best of both would be perfect.

A Disadvantage is the Gearbox...a Paddle Shift would fit perfect for a Car like that. But it`s horrible expensive.

• Bibs changed the title to Exige picture & video thread