free hit
counters
Exige picture & video thread - Page 79 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bibs

Exige picture & video thread

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Do you remove number plate for track or not bother with one on road?

@Ali tuck I removed it a year ago for Goodwood, preferred the look massively and then left it in my boot so if I got pulled I could say “oh damn I forgot to put it back on after my track day, I don’t use the car often, a thousand apologies officer” hoping I’d just get a slapped wrist. 

but in over a year and having passed in excess of 15/20 police cars they haven’t cared one iota. Even when I passed a few in slow moving traffic - I expected a word out of the window as we passed each other as they saw I had no plate. 

Just sits in my passenger footwell now slid sideways (my sub keeps it in place). If I get caught I can just stick it on the dash.

I just have mine on the dash and had no problems as of yet... I would suggest having it in the dash at least shows you're not taking the p*ss

Yeah I agree the car does look much better without it.....I’ll just have a look and see how big my balls are!

I run mine in the grille, I'm too scared not to run a plate. Police station is quite local to me and almost always see coppers. 

I can't risk it for £1000 potential fine. Even for £50 it would piss me off 😂 A waste of a tank of fuel there! 

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

I run mine in the grille, I'm too scared not to run a plate. Police station is quite local to me and almost always see coppers. 

I can't risk it for £1000 potential fine. Even for £50 it would piss me off 😂 A waste of a tank of fuel there! 

https://www.gov.uk/displaying-number-plates

I’m sure you noticed where I live, I have to drive past the police every time I leave my flat.  Haven’t run a front plate on my Caterham at all, and never had an issue.  I’m now thinking of ditching the plate on the Exige and see how long I get away with it!

• Like 1

Very true, but then I have friends who haven't been caught for years, while others have in similar areas. Depends how they're feeling I guess! 

• Like 1

Im just waiting on the Chris Harris V2.0 review! The insta famous fellowship folks I'm not into im afraid...

Yes his would be a good review!  I do agree with you about the insta/youtuber types especially when he gets a number of facts and figures wrong...Lotus should hand out press sheets.  That said, its all publicity so not all bad.

Very nice!  I really like your colour choice.

• Like 1

20190421-154519.jpg

20190421-145109.jpg

Edited by geartox
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Cochi Loco said:

Fantastic! Sounds incredible too 👌

Yet you still haven't bought one! 😉