free hit
counters
Mystery Wire - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
David Rose

Mystery Wire

I have a new to me 1988 Esprit (US version) with the Bosh K-Jetronic injection system. I have just completed the reassembly of my induction system after replacing a leaking gasket at the manifold/head joint and replacing the injectors. Three of the injectors were still out of spec after extensive cleaning, and the fourth was non-functional. I am excited to see how the car runs with the new injectors!

In the process of re-assembling the intake system, I believe I found the correct locations for all of the air lines, coolant hoses and wires, except for one green wire that is part of the wire harness that collects all of the wires that attach to the various sensors on the manifold. The mystery wire does not show in any of the photos I took during disassembly, and I don't see a place to connect it. It has a female spade lug termination, so I am looking for a male lug to attach it to and don't see anything. The alternator is in the area, so I am suspecting it may attach there, but I don't see a connector. Does anyone with the same car know where it attaches, or could someone possibly look at their wiring and see where this connects?

post-14749-0-54194400-1347037756.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

A long shot but might this be the coolant temperature wire that attaches to the thermostat housing

Mike,

Thanks a lot- I think that is it! I was fooled by the look of the terminal on the stat- it isn't like a normal male spade lug- it is round. I will report back to the forum after road testing.

That's what it is, it just clips onto the round lug vertically. You will see that is slips over the round bit from the top.