free hit
counters
Delamination... - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
robcarter

Delamination...

One of the lovely diamond cut alloys is delaminating... We have insurance to cover it. It's very small is it worth getting done early or even a warranty issue?

"Simplify, then add lightness”

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If its a manufacturing issue (which it sounds like it is) then its a warranty issue.

Can you share a pic? Hopefully it's not a symptom of another problem, leaking bleed nipple for example...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Sounds even more personal! I'll get the magnifying glass ready :lol:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

If its very small and not touched the alloy, I would try some very fine wet and dry and then clear nail varnish ( yes really!) Worked well on daughter's diamond cut DS3 alloy which she lightly scuffed. If you can get it done on warranty, then great - but i doubt it.

My winter rim - OEM Y-spoke - did the same, dealer sorted it under "warranty", i.e. he paid it himself rather than bothering with Lotus.