free hit
counters
The Car Rig - Page 5 - Photography Matters - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

1e6b33ae994774a8378345f0e2932265-d6i461a

This one's a ripper!

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had soooo much fun last Sunday, shame I couldn't spend few more hours with this car, at this location... New lens is the best one I used for rig shots. I love it!

One more, just finished @internets, something for you!

I haven't shared anything here for quite a while... so there you go... We were shooting almost whole day inside, but I had some time left at the end and decided to the car out. I managed to take a

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Monster! 

1522908_366856056791041_1091064200_o.jpg

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

If you want to try a rigshot on my 2-Eleven get in touch. Might look good, and you can photoshop out the stonechips ;-)

I should be at the next Breakfast Meet on Sunday if you're there? 

• 1 year later...

Lovely shot! :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 7 months later...

So while waiting for a) my Exige to be built and b) DJI to ship my Mavic Pro (Looks like Lotus are winning handily), I thought I'd distract myself by making my own rig. Full disclosure, I did buy two of Justin's (CarCameraRig) suction cups, because they're so much more capable than the half arsed Manfrotto ones.

The rig is 6.5m long. 2 x 4m of 60mm carbon tube, sleeved with aluminium tube at the join, plus 2.5m of the 57mm aluminium at the car end, partly to help counter balance and partly so that I can clamp down on it like crazy. I've also milled two superclamps to take the 57mm tube properly.

So with my 5DIII and 24mm, driven from a CamRanger, I managed this for a first go...

Q59B2197cr2sm2.jpg

Photoshop needs a bit of work. The motion blur makes it harder not easier to remove the rig convincingly. Interesting stuff.

• Like 1

Nice, clean and sharp. Goof stuff... now all you have to do is get more cars, practice and have fun :)
I need to do some rig upgrades to my setup, but somehow it survived almost 5 years and it is still 100% working ;)

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hacksaw? 

Evora NA

See if Justin will do you a special deal on some shorter tubes. Maybe he has some less pretty "offcuts" lying around. Just a thought.

I may end up making some more tubes, cut shorter. What's the longest tube you reckon could fit in the pax side with the windows closed?

• 1 month later...

Just sharing my latest work with you guys. Still fresh... We had a very busy weekend doing it (with @internets's Exige). We also set up another camera to capture a timelapse how this was made. I've posted this on YouTube and on my website - http://nt80one.com/yxt

I've got more coming up soon, just need to find a moment to work on them. ENJOY!

lotus-exige-rigshot-timelapse.jpg

• Like 2

Please don't say anything :D Background was awesome but after I finished and scrolled through photos my first thought was "shit!" :D

The worst part is that I've got more rigshots from that day, all with this cool background, fortunately only this one was with turned wheels.
It's going to take me a while to remove the rig from each one of them. Well, I asked for it...

• Like 1
On 21 January 2017 at 21:00, Malcolm Feth said:

It's going to take me a while to remove the rig from each one of them. Well, I asked for it...

It's be easier and much quicker to drop a new background (of similar texture) into them. Pretty easy to do on a shot like that

@GFWilliams - /Fortunately only this shot was with crazy turned wheels and background like this. Others are just straight lines and removing the rig won't be a big problem. I have already started working on them, but since it was for fun, for myself, no pressure to get them done ;) ps. I'm trying to avoid situations when I replace half of the photo, unless I really have it.

@VisualEchos - I'm still surprised how much you like those 211 shots. I like them too, but I'm pretty sure I did better job with some other cars in past. Nevertheless, it's nice to hear you liked them :D

@GFWilliams thanks. It's my second favourite out of those four. Quite tight crop, but that's the best I could do with my rig and lens. But that's a history and I need to test new setup, hopefully this weekend.

I know it's a simpler proposition, but without the steering lock that shot works much better. Love it.

The turning version didn't really look right, mostly because you could see the wall was flat, but the car was turning "out of it" at massive speed. The moire fringing you got on the turning one was really interesting, in a photogeek kind of a way though. :geek:

I can see why your fave 211 pic is your fave. So dynamic! I assume the wiggles/texture in the blur are from tiny vibrations in the rig. Am I right? They actually look really cool. Are you using a cable to tension the boom?