free hit
counters
elite eclat S1 aircon - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mat grant

elite eclat S1 aircon

Hi all,

Another heater related question:

I have an elite/eclat aircon heater unit to go in the car. But no hoses. The heater part is self explanatary, two coolant pipe conections for the internal radiator.

But the aircon evaporator has three AN threaded connections to hoses, one large, one a bit smaller and a third which is much smaller. I can take a photo or two if someone can tell me how to put them on here.

Does anyone know what these three connections are? Has anyone got a diagram of the Lotus elite/eclat aircon system? I have a design in mind but it only calls for two connections on the aircon unit in the car.

Also does anyone know if the expansion valve is integral to the aircon unit? Or is it a separate "bolt on" one as it is on some aircon systems.

Any info appreciated.

Thanks, Mat.

Edited by mat grant

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Mat

I have diagram, and list of what parts are which shows where pipes go etc,

scanned into my computer, from the Bible acording to Lotus, however like you have no idea of how to attach scanned document to this, if you want to let me have you e mail and I will send across.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks very much for the offer, I've sent you a pm (I think) so please let me know if you don't get a pm in the near future.

Cheers, Mat.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Hi Michael,

"One is feed, one is return, and the small one is for the regulator".

Thanks - so if I'm building a bespoke aircon system with modern components, with a trinary switch on the receiver drier to monitor pressure etc, can I just put a cap on the regulator output?

Btw normally the smaller fitting is the high pressure(?) Do you know which is which of the main hoses? Presumably the input one "feed" has the expansion valve behind it so I need to be it the right way round(!)

Cheers, Mat.

Ramjet - thanks for the photos link.

Edited by mat grant