free hit
counters
Sunday 16th September then - who's coming ? - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Sunday 16th September then - who's coming ?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a message from Justin, he is coming along too so "then there were three............" 7.45am at Maccas for a 8am start.

I have been talking to a bloke who owns a Delorean DMC but sadly he can't make it this week but is keen to come along on our next drive. That should be interesting and give us something different to look at.

Too many Toys are never enough !

...but now only two...

My car is off to the panel shop on Monday morning and I need to prepare it on Sunday. So sorry will have to take a rain check.

DanR

OK, we'll postpone then until October. Justin an I are still going for breakfast, Meeting at Berowra traffic lights at 8 and then Old Pacific Highway, Peats Ridge Road, Wollombi Road.

I'm OK for 7th,14th or 21st - if we can pick a day I will start a new thread. Also anyone not already a member of the Australlan Group Dsicsussion section subscribe and you will get emails with updates and news of the runs.

Just had some news that the mechanic ha done very little so far to the car, good news is the oil leak was not as major as I first thought. I don't like to predict when the car will be ready but I would hope late October. Don't wait for me for the next one there will be years of drive days ahead. Who owns the Delorean? I know of someone in sydney with one. I have been looking at delorean.com you can basically get a brand new one built. Would love to have a look at one closely.

Edited by Lex Templar

Find another mechanic mate.

Steve, pos those dates and see what happens? Also need to email to the others as I know like myself we don't use this forum much. I only know about your drive days when Danny emails me now and then. Cheers

Hi Alex, I would agree with Mike regards finding another mechanic. To change the cambelt and aux belts isn't a big job, I did it myself in a day without any major issues and it cost less than $200 in parts. Yours might be a bit more fiddly with the cambelt tensioner being different, but the whole job shouldn't take an experienced mechanic more than 6 hours all up. I would be asking why it's taking so long and giving him a deadline.

I just had both my rear wheel bearings replaced and took my mechanic 2.5 hours which also includes replacing the front brembo pads. Labour cost to do all was $176 and parts I bought from SJ Sports. Ordered the parts on a Wednesday, arrived the next Monday, booked into my mechanic the same week on a Friday and done in 2.5 hours for $176. And he is also a mobile mechanic but that is only on Saturdays.

Steve, you want to post Oct 7th then?

Cheers

My mechanic of many years that service all my cars. He is out west. Depends on where youlive if that is not too far for you? He works on all makes from Mercs to Bimmers and has done a Lambo as well.

And I should add when I broke a timing chain on my XCV70, Adam fixed that too = replace the head etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Cool, let us know how they go with it. Somebody mentioned that Cremorne quoted $1800 for a cam belt change not long ago, I can't remember who it was though. Hopefully they won't pull your engine out to do it.

Will you be doing any spannering yourslef in the future Alex, or are you a pay as you go man ? Looking forward to seeing your Eaprit soon.

I think he is a do it yourself guy but as I said to him when I saw himself ill beat it into him anyway : why pay someone else when you have this awesome site with really friendly guys offering advice so you can do a better job yourself! If I ever buy another it will only be from an enthusiast who does his own work!

• 2 weeks later...