free hit
counters
S2 ELECTRONIC IGNITION ADVICE PLEASE - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
madmax

S2 ELECTRONIC IGNITION ADVICE PLEASE

Does anyone have any experience of an excellent, easy to fit contactlss ignition system for the S2 Esprit?

My Elites have the factory style lumenition systems but I feel I'd like to fit one of the modern contactless systems into the distributor - something like Powerspark or Accuspark perhaps?

How do I tell which distributor is actually fitted to my car as it's a oig to get to?

Thanks as always

Simon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You need to take out the dizzy to see the marking on it, there will be the model, 24 25 45 etc and the number of the specification for your car.

I know that Petronix is a good and reliable system to fit on the Lotus, I've changed my Lumenition system to Lucas Costant Energy system for my engine, still not finished but it's a good upgrade, also Lotus is investigating about replacement internal module of the Lucas AB14 CEI system as fitted on mine.

Giorgio

SJ fitted Lumention to mine over 10 years ago. Not had to touch it once.

Pete

Thanks chaps!

Will try to see what distributor is currently fitted

It's a pig to get to

Simon

My s3 had lumenition from birth and it worked fine for nearly 30 years. I swapped for a powerspark when it started doing odd things as it was far cheaper (intended as diagnostics) but as it worked have left lumenition off for now