free hit
counters
what wheel colour - Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Hubs/Steering/Geo - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mr.oogieboogie

what wheel colour

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Whichever you fancy mate, they all look good on brg!

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Clearly, the answer is black. With the yellow center caps they'll look amazing!

Luke Colorado, Super Spy.   -  Lotus Owner No Longer

1987 Zender Widebody 560SEC | 1994 Lotus Esprit S4 | 2013 Honda Fit EV (#269)

Fuschia?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Oh, I know! Paint 'em matt black and then put spirals on 'em like they do on the cones of jet engines. :getmecoat:

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

I think black wheels make BRG look darker. Thats not a criticism more an observation. How about bright chrome how would that look? Just thinking of how many older classics were BRG with chrome wire wheels.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VO8Y7Du4AIA/SVFG2eGYUII/AAAAAAAAADI/3uaF2oJw1T0/s1600-h/Seriies_1_British_Racing_Green.jpg

if you search Google images for "British racing Green" it comes up with lots of cars mostly with silver wheels some with black. Nice Exige with black wheels.

Buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

I made my wheels darker due to the fat spoke style which i dont think suits bright silver. They just look to big, the darker cooler loses the curved edges and in my opinion narrows the spoke width. the style of the wheel affects colour choice as well as the car

Silver, or yellow, or a combination... Silver with some yellow trim.

That would be nice, yellow rim tape on a dark wheel even?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Has to be silver, the S4 wheels look odd in any other colour. Doing the rims in a dofferent colour sounds OK but no definitive line to mask off so leave silver, the brighter the better your BRG will stand out!

The wheels on my red S4s (like yours) I had custom painted a very dark gray and had the lips polished giving the look aof a 2 piece wheel.