free hit
counters
Boost Gauge... erm nope - Induction/Turbo/Manifold/Exhaust - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
hopo

Boost Gauge... erm nope

Well as it says really....

My boost gauge is non operational. It wont even lift a jot. i get the shove in the back and can tell its boosting but this is not being reflected in the cabin....

any ideas?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Oooooh. Boost gauge transducer?

whats a one of them? on a dry sumper? where does it live? i can give it a whack and see if that fixes it...

Hopo

Fancy name for a transducer Sparky, It's a pipe !

Goes from the back of the plenum through the cabin into the back of the gauge

My advice

Remove from plenum end. Add pressure ( blowing should do it?) if gauge doesn't move then either pipe is broken or gauge is bust

If the gauge does move then that implies you aren't getting boost but from what you say the kick in the back says boost is there

If you remove the gauge and again blow directly into it then that would confirm definately whether pipe or gauge

John

Bugger. I was feeling somewhat naughty and hoped he'd go looking for one.

Further to above, if you can find the plenum then you may find that the union is loose or disconnected which would explain no boost. Nip it up and you may have a simple fix

The union is a funny spanner size...

13mm is too tight yet 14mm is loose

Open ended spanner is needed rather than a ring spanner or socket

John

P.s the plenum is the 'box' on the front of the carbs, ribbed with the word turbo on it but despite Bibs' lack of faith I'm sure you knew that :)

So what's a union? - a bunch of blokes in donkey jackets standing around a brazier?

Funny size???

Is withworth still in fashion on english cars...

My old Jag use to use this system... what a nightmare, just imagine finding a tap in north america...

I sold it!

..... just imagine finding a tap in north america....

Plumbing supplier? No? :P

ok after fidling with something in the rear hatch its working..... cheers folks.... (not you sparky)

Oh, think nothing of it.

Henry, you can buy mine if you want.

Sparky installed it along with the flux capacitor for only £800. I can't notice any difference.

Sparky is a scholar and a gentleman and I am sure that they are needed in your car if he installed them. I also think he was clearly very generous on the price, I would have thought that the flux capacitor and associated nuclear reactor would be at least £1200 on their own... let alone the boost gauge transducer....

Edited by skiing

Might as well buy a Delorean, apparently the list of this kind of options is endless...

Can't you get into trouble though, driving around stealing rubbish out of everyones roadside bins?