free hit
counters
Evora S air filter - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
robcarter

Evora S air filter

Has anyone put on an updated air filter... Such as K&N.... Is it worth it and what's the difference?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

You'd certainly save weight, the std set up is huge

Yes I've fitted a K&N panel filter into my NA and thought the S was the same item. Feels good but can't say if there are any benefits other than the feel good factor.

Trevor.

You'd certainly save weight, the std set up is huge

i think you're talking about the entire airbox, not just the filter then.

the stock air box is almost 15 lbs.

Hey Rob..

I put the K&N into my evora S.. no massive power gains it did feel a little more livley but that was maybe me just trying to justify my £60.

I did find myself rolling down the passenger window to listen to the supercharger wine as it spools up though.. it put a big grin on my face, the old filter looks like its made to surpress sound.. Easy £60 well spent just for the sound.

Next mod was decat and stage 1 sports exhaust, cant hear the supercharger anymore... it was nice whilst it lasted :D

K&N will not invalidate any warranty and is a lifetime re-usable filter with the correct cleaning oil, it cirtanly is a much nicer product than the stock.

hope this helps;

Ry

Edited by rlongthorn

Fantastic - I've got mine booked in for early December to go for decat and new filter. So looking forward to it.

Back from B&C this week and looks good so far! Sounds pretty good with the decat too. So happy days - windows down in the rain to listen. When it is dry to give if full beans and find a tunnel or two!!

We dyno’d may S with header and aftermarket Cat installed with OEM filter at less than 2000
miles on it and brand new K&N filter; no measurable change in torque/power curves. L
ater dyno’ing and datalogging work implied that the filtering area/medium was not the major source of flow restriction.  

Just a side note; as to cold air intake, the very best setup is actually from the factory.  Intake to the airbox is directly from the void behind the intake grill, which has a baffle plate with 100 mm or so hole fro the tube.  Radium does not directly access through this hole but rather positions the cone filter on engine side of this space, and trys to create an airbox using the kits baffle plate with air feed in those the hole created by removing the factory intake tube; thus indirect cold air rather than factories direct access.

Edited by Julian73

i think you're talking about the entire airbox, not just the filter then.

the stock air box is almost 15 lbs.

6.2 lbs airbox, filter, air intake ducting and snake.  Excluding MAF sensor, manifold intake elbow, air flap solenoid, and mount plate as these stayed in car.

New BOE CAI 3.2 lbs inclduing MAF sensor, MAF tube and elbow.

post-13533-0-77483900-1361064889.png

Edited by Julian73