free hit
counters
Giving Lotus Elite 502 a new heart and lungs - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Giving Lotus Elite 502 a new heart and lungs

gianni

Hi All,

After years of have Excels and Esprit,s, I decided to reserect my first Lotus the Elite this has taken a lot of years as I have never let sentiment take over when renovating cars, As I have had the Elite for 27 years all the problems had a fix done to them over the years ,so it was time to make good ground up. As I have had 6 Excels over the years this would be the starting point, use the heat and lungs of an Excel SE .So time to spend money on a car that isnt going to make me money, so I have to find a Excel SE without the body.Which took time to find at the right money , time to drop Elite off at Lotus Bits to take body off and fit to Excel SE running gear but keep Elite wheels.This has been done and car collected running,next step take to paint boys.Who then take body of to paint and then put back on running gear will post photos on shortly.The Elite looks better than when new with the slight problem that it dose not start and lights dont work.So that were I am at the moment , will post more when I find the missing earth

Jon

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Paint boy's have give me a headache ,have started to make good wiring faults.Lights have started to work with a twist, light off ignition on and light come on, ignition off lights off switch lights on all works as normal.But the most important thing the Elite breathes with its new Excel SE engine with the help of getting a supply to fuel pump whitch the runs cooling fans , so still have a bit to do before glory work of fitting new carpet and interior,if any of you have experienced the above problems it would be nice to no how you sorted it, also have some yellow and green wire in engine bay going nowhere .Note the wiring is orginal Elite 502 , have one item left to get chrome door mirrors.Have had 2 sets and still not right , anyone no were to get a suitable set or what car are they off.

Jon

File too large?

Do you use an image hosting site at all. There are a few around. I have used photobucket and am pleased with how it works. That way, you can store your images at full res, post them here by cutting and pasting the image url.

"Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them." Albert Einstein

Or you can open the images in microsoft office picture manager and click on "picture" then "compress picture" (or equivalent on a similar viewer depending what you have on your pc). If you want to keep the original files at full res, make copies first or save with a new name.

Cheers, Mat.